User Reviews for Excedrin Extra Strength

Excedrin Extra Strength has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings on Drugs.com. 79% of those users who reviewed Excedrin Extra Strength reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Migraine
7.5
Pain/Fever
10.0
Summary of Excedrin Extra Strength reviews 8.0 14 reviews

Reviews for Excedrin Extra Strength

Christy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 22, 2020

For Migraine: “Only meds that help my headache!!”

Cindy · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2019

For Pain/Fever: “This is an amazing drug for knocking out flu aches for around 4 hours or so. I only take one caplet as I'm concerned about the potential liver and heart damage from NSAIDS. I approached this medicine very carefully but nothing works quite as well! I made sure to eat a little food with it even though I wasn't hungry. A pleasant effect was that after it kicked in, I was much more interested in eating which I think is important for healing.”

ClaudiaAckles · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 7, 2019

For Pain/Fever: “I love this medication Excedrin extra strength I take it for migraines, fever, pain, and colds or flu. It has worked wonders. In 20 minutes I'm already feeling the pill work if it's with fever it makes you sweat like crazy the fever it takes away pain and it gives me the energy to do things even if I have a killer cold.”

DestinyT June 2, 2016

For Migraine: “Excedrin has worked wonders!!!! It's fast and it pretty much helps with anything!! I have suffered from headaches, migraines, neck, shoulder, and back pain. It gives me relief from it all. For women if you have bad menstrual pain this is the number 1 go to pill for me. It works quick and I use it for anything I can think of dealing with pain. I use the off brand sometimes but this one works best but the off brand is fine to try to see if it works and then after testing it I got this and even more results. I'm a 25 year old Navy Veteran with pain from military injuries and I tell you this is the Best!!!”

Beauty62 June 29, 2017

For Migraine: “I have suffered with migraines since I was 2 years old and I am now 36. I have tried every migraine med on the market nothing worked for me like Extra Strength Excedrine. Recently it was taken off the market and then put back on I have noticed the increase in caffeine in the Excedrine and less of the pain med. I am very disappointed by this! After all these years the #1 med I depended on no longer works.”

Jacq96 September 4, 2016

For Migraine: “Awesome stuff. I'm a nursing assistant in a nursing home and ended up getting a migraine in the middle of my shift. Nothing usually helps my migraines, let alone gets ride of them completely. But my migraine was 100% gone within ten minutes of taking Excedrin Extra Strength. It was amazing! Never gonna need anything else for my migraines.”

mirena user headache's often April 29, 2016

For Pain/Fever: “BC I have a Morena birth control, headaches are a side effect and can be as painful as a migraine. I ran out of IBU so my husband told me to get more but try Excedrin. My headache was gone w/I 30 min and I had energy. I'm never going back to IBU again. Plus 4 hours later, my headache is still gone, no need to pop more pills!”

Anonymous January 16, 2010

For Migraine: “I have terrible migraine's and this is one of the best O.T.C medicine I found that helps. Perscriptions can get pretty expensive for migraine relief so this is a good cheaper substitute.”

Crosred April 16, 2015

For Migraine: “This work great. Had a headache 30 min and it gone. It depends though. I heard that if you take this in empty stomach it should take 20-30mins. Or full stomach is 30-45mins.”

BenS81 February 17, 2013

For Migraine: “Excellent headache reliever!”

Bree-Bree May 2, 2015

For Migraine: “Made me feel dizzy and confused. It also seemed to affect my vision, it was almost as if I was high off weed.”

Carter Adrian March 24, 2016

For Migraine: “Works wonders with me. .”

Pretty Position January 3, 2016

For Migraine: “Does not work fast enough one hour layer still in pain!!!!?”

larrainelm7662 April 14, 2016

For Migraine: “works in literally 10 minutes, best headache pill I have ever tried. I recommend this to everyone.”

More about Excedrin Extra Strength (acetaminophen / aspirin / caffeine)

Other brands
Goody's Headache Powders, Backaid Inflammatory Pain Formula, Goody's Extra Strength, Arthriten, ... +4 more

Professional resources