Generic Name: Miconazole (Vaginal) (mi KON a zole)
Brand Name: Aloe Vesta Antifungal, Antifungal, Azolen Tincture, Baza Antifungal, Carrington Antifungal, ...show all 32 brand names.Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Spray, Desenex, Fungoid Tincture, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder, Lotrimin AF Powder, Lotrimin AF, Micaderm, Micatin, Miconazole 3, Miconazole 3 Combo Pack, Miconazole 7, Micro Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Podactin, Remedy Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Secura Antifungal, Soothe & Cool INZO Antifungal, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Zeasorb-AF
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 1, 2020.
Uses of Vagistat-3:
- This medicine is used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Vagistat-3?
- If you have an allergy to miconazole or any other part of Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)).
- If you are allergic to Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)); any part of Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Vagistat-3?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- If vaginal yeast infections happen often, talk with the doctor.
- Do not use Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) for itching caused by a health problem other than a vaginal yeast infection. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) if you have belly pain, fever, or bad-smelling vaginal discharge. Talk with your doctor.
- Do not have vaginal sex while using Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)).
- Condoms or diaphragms may not work to prevent pregnancy or stop the spread of diseases passed through sex while using Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) and for a period of time after you stop Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)). You will need to use some other kind of birth control for some time after the last dose. Be sure you know how long to do this.
- Do not douche or use other vaginal products like tampons while you are using Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)). You may need to avoid these things for some time after the last dose. If you have questions, talk with your doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Vagistat-3) best taken?
Use Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)) by mouth. For vaginal use only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Use at bedtime for best results.
- Dry outside vaginal area all the way after showering, bathing, or swimming. Change out of wet bathing suits or damp workout clothes right away.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Very bad vaginal irritation.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Bad-smelling vaginal discharge.
What are some other side effects of Vagistat-3?
- Stomach cramps.
- Vaginal irritation.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Vagistat-3?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Vagistat-3 (miconazole (vaginal)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about Vagistat-3 (miconazole topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives