Generic Name: Hyoscyamine, Methenamine, Methylene Blue, and Sodium Phosphate Monobasic (hye oh SYE a meen, meth EN a meen, METH i leen bloo, & SOW dee um FOS fate mon oh BAY sik)
Brand Name: Indiomin MB, ME/NaPhos/MB/Hyo1, Urogesic-Blue, Urolet MB, UTA
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 10, 2020.
Uses of Urogesic-Blue:
- It is used to ease pain from a bladder infection.
- It is used to treat muscle spasms of the urinary system.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Urogesic-Blue?
- If you are allergic to Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic); any part of Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have any of these health problems: Enlarged prostate, glaucoma, bowel block, myasthenia gravis, or trouble passing urine.
- If you have heart problems like heart failure.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Urogesic-Blue?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you take aspirin, antacids, or drugs that raise the pH of the urine while on Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic).
- Some other drugs may need to be taken at some other time than Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic). If you take other drugs, check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you need to take them at some other time than Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic).
- If you are 65 or older, use Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic) with care. You could have more side effects.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Urogesic-Blue) best taken?
Use Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids every day unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- A fast heartbeat.
- Blurred eyesight.
- Feeling confused.
- Trouble passing urine.
What are some other side effects of Urogesic-Blue?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Dry mouth.
- Change in color of urine or stool to blue or green.
- Feeling sleepy.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Urogesic-Blue?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Urogesic-Blue (hyoscyamine, methenamine, methylene blue, and sodium phosphate monobasic), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Urogesic Blue (hyoscyamine / methenamine / methylene blue / sodium biphosphate)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: urinary antispasmodics