Generic Name: Leuprolide and Norethindrone (loo PROE lide & nor eth IN drone)
Brand Name: Lupaneta Pack
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2019.
Uses of Lupaneta Pack:
- It is used to treat endometriosis.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lupaneta Pack?
- If you have an allergy to leuprolide, norethindrone, or any other part of Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
- If you have any of these health problems: Liver disease or liver tumors.
- If you have unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- If you have ever had any of these health problems: Blood clots, breast cancer or other kind of cancer where hormones make it grow, heart attack, or stroke.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. Do not take Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone) if you are pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding. Do not breast-feed while you take Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lupaneta Pack?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Use care if you have risks for soft, brittle bones (osteoporosis). Some of these risks include drinking alcohol, smoking, taking steroids, taking drugs to treat seizures, or having family members with osteoporosis. Talk with your doctor about your risks of osteoporosis.
- Use care if you have risks for heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, overweight, high blood sugar or diabetes, cigarette smoking, man older than 40 years of age, other family members with early heart disease, woman after change of life). Talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Have a bone density test as you have been told by your doctor. Talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
- This medicine may raise some hormone levels in your body during the first few weeks of taking it. Disease signs may get worse before getting better. Tell your doctor if you have any new signs or if your disease signs are worse for longer than a few weeks after starting Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- If you smoke, talk with your doctor.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Most of the time, Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone) stops you from having a period (menstrual bleeding). This is not a method of birth control. Use a non-hormone type of birth control like condoms to prevent pregnancy while taking Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
- If you miss doses of Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone), bleeding between cycles can happen. Talk with your doctor.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant.
- A pregnancy test will be done to show that you are NOT pregnant before starting Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone). If you get pregnant while taking Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone), call your doctor right away.
How is this medicine (Lupaneta Pack) best taken?
Use Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into a muscle.
- Your doctor will give Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone).
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
- Very bad problems with how you act.
- Very bad headache.
- Swelling, warmth, numbness, change of color, or pain in a leg or arm.
- Coughing up blood.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Change in eyesight.
- Loss of eyesight.
- Bulging eyes.
- Vaginal itching or discharge.
- Vaginal bleeding that is not normal.
- Not able to pass urine.
- Pain when passing urine.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Breast pain.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Sweating a lot.
- Low mood (depression).
- Mood changes.
- Memory problems or loss.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- This medicine may cause weak bones. This may happen more often if used for a long time. This may raise the chance of broken bones. Call your doctor right away if you have bone pain.
What are some other side effects of Lupaneta Pack?
- Pimples (acne).
- Hot flashes.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not able to sleep.
- Weight gain.
- Breast soreness.
- Lowered interest in sex.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Leg cramps.
- Hair loss.
- Irritation where the shot is given.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Lupaneta Pack?
- If you need to store Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide and norethindrone), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about Lupaneta Pack (leuprolide / norethindrone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: sex hormone combinations