MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE MIXTURE 8%W/W ORAL SUSPENSION
Active substance(s): MAGNESIUM OXIDE
Size: 165 x 55mm
PANTONE 360 C
Precautions before use.
Do not use if:
- you have a serious digestive or stomach (gastro-intestinal) condition.
- you have problems with your kidney or liver.
- you are physically fragile or weak.
Avoid use during early pregnancy.
If you are taking any other medication, prescribed or
otherwise, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use.
The antacid properties of this product can reduce the effectiveness
of some other medicines including some (but not all):
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- antibiotics or medicines used to treat infections.
- epileptic therapy (phenytoin)
- malaria treatment (chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine).
- antipsychotic therapy (phenothiazines).
- osteoperosis therapy (biphosphonates).
- rheumatoid arthritis treatment (penicillamine).
- preventative heart attack or stroke treatments.
Store below 25°C. Do not freeze. Use within 1 month of opening.
Do not use after the expiry date shown.
Dosage, as required:
Shake bottle before use. To be taken by mouth.
5ml = 1 teaspoon.
Mixture 8% w/w
Adults (12 years +) & elderly: 25 - 50 ml (max daily dose 50ml)
Children 6 - 12 years:
10 - 25 ml (max daily dose 25ml)
Children 1 - 6 years:
5 - 10 ml (max daily dose 10ml)
Not to be taken by children under 1 year old.
Only use occasionally. If your symptoms do not improve, or in
the event of an overdose, stop use and seek medical advice
This medicine can cause colic (waves of pain in the stomach).
Persistent over-use may result in high levels of magnesium in the
blood stream (hypermagnesaemia). Symptoms include weakness,
drowsiness, decreased reflexes, and an altered heart rhythm.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
This includes any possible side effects not listed on this label. You
can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information
on the safety of this medicine.
mixture #8 % w/w
Laxative for oral use for the
relief of mild constipation
Keep out of the sight
and reach of children
Contains the active ingredient:
magnesium oxide 275mg/5ml
Other ingredients: levomenthol, sodium saccharin,
phenoxyethanol, purified water.
Marketing Authorisation Holder: Ayrton Saunders Ltd., 9 Arkwright Road,
Astmoor Industrial Estate, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 1NU.
Manufacturer: Pharmasol Ltd,. North Way, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 5AZ
mixture #8 % w/w
revised date December 2015