Sleep Aid Side Effects
Generic name: doxylamine
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 14, 2023.
Note: This document contains side effect information about doxylamine. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Sleep Aid.
Applies to doxylamine: oral tablets.
Side effects include:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to doxylamine: compounding powder, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable.
Most side effects are mild and short-lived; serious side effects are rare.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Muscle weakness[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Thicker nasal discharge[Ref]
Frequently asked questions
- What is the max dose of diphenhydramine for adults?
- Why am I unable to sleep after taking Ambien?
- Does Mucinex help with Covid?
More about Sleep Aid (doxylamine)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (7)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Support group
- Drug class: miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. Australian Product Information.
2. Product Information. Unisom (doxylamine). Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group. 2013.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.