Ramses Personal Side Effects
Generic Name: nonoxynol 9 topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug nonoxynol 9 topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Ramses Personal.
For the Consumer
Applies to nonoxynol 9 topical: vaginal film, vaginal foam, vaginal gel, vaginal suppository
Other dosage forms:
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Vaginal irritation.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Pain when passing urine.
- Bad-smelling vaginal discharge.
- If your sex partner has irritation of the penis, trouble passing urine, or pain when passing urine.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nonoxynol 9 topical: vaginal cream with applicator, vaginal device, vaginal film, vaginal foam, vaginal foam with applicator, vaginal gel, vaginal gel with applicator, vaginal suppository
Genitourinary side effects from very frequent use of high concentration products may include irritation or damage to the vaginal and cervical epithelium.[Ref]
Hypersensitivity side effects have rarely been reported in both the male and female partners.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Delfen Foam (nonoxynol 9 topical)." Johnson and Johnson/Merck Consumer, Fort Washington, PA.
It is possible that some side effects of Ramses Personal may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Ramses Personal (nonoxynol 9 topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: spermicides