Pyridoxine Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to pyridoxine: capsule, injectable, solution, tablet, tablet enteric coated, tablet extended release
Along with its needed effects, pyridoxine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking pyridoxine:
With large doses
- numbness of hands or feet
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to pyridoxine: compounding powder, injectable solution, oral capsule, oral tablet
The profound sensory loss following treatment with high doses of parenteral pyridoxine may not be reversible.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Paresthesia, somnolence[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (pyridoxine)." Mylan Institutional LLC, Rockford, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about pyridoxine
- Pyridoxine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: vitamins
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) Extended-Release Tablets
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) Capsules and Tablets
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) Injection
- Pyridoxine Oral, Injection (Advanced Reading)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (AHFS Monograph)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride Injection (FDA)
- Pyridoxine (Wolters Kluwer)