Inflamase Mild Side Effects
Generic Name: prednisolone ophthalmic
Note: This document contains side effect information about prednisolone ophthalmic. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Inflamase Mild.
For the Consumer
Applies to prednisolone ophthalmic: ophthalmic ointment, ophthalmic solution, ophthalmic suspension
Side effects include:
Elevated IOP, transient stinging or burning, blurred vision, ocular irritation, foreign body sensation.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to prednisolone ophthalmic: ophthalmic solution, ophthalmic suspension
While the exact frequency of the reported side effects is unknown, the manufacturer reports the following in decreasing order of frequency: elevation of intraocular pressure with possible development of glaucoma and infrequent optic nerve damage, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, and delayed wound healing.[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Filtering bleb
Frequency not reported: Intraocular pressure increased, glaucoma, optic nerve damage, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, acute anterior uveitis, perforation of globe, keratitis, conjunctivitis, corneal ulcer, mydriasis, conjunctival hyperemia, ptosis, loss of accommodation, secondary ocular infection developed, visual acuity defect, field defect, transient ocular discomfort, ocular hypertension, scleral/corneal perforation, foreign body sensation, burning, stinging, irritation, vision blurred/impaired, corneal calcification[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Urticaria, pruritus, rash[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Allergic reaction, anaphylaxis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Wound healing delayed[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Headache[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Systemic hypercorticoidism[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Dysgeusia[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Omnipred (prednisoLONE ophthalmic (prednisolone ophthalmic))." Alcon Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, TX.
2. "Product Information. Pred Mild (prednisoLONE ophthalmic (prednisolone ophthalmic))." Allergan Inc, Irvine, CA.
3. "Product Information. PrednisoLONE Sodium Phosphate Ophthalmic (prednisoLONE ophthalmic (prednisolone ophthalmic))." Bausch and Lomb, Rochester, NY.
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
5. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Some side effects of Inflamase Mild may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Inflamase Mild (prednisolone ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: ophthalmic steroids
- Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate eent (AHFS Monograph)
- Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate Ophthalmic Solution (FDA)