User Reviews for Durezol

Uveitis
4.9

Summary of Durezol reviews 5.9 11 reviews

Reviews for Durezol

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation "Was prescribed after cataract surgery. The 5 ml bottle as $175. Why so expensive?"

Kat (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

For Uveitis "I have had recurring iritis for 25 years (positive HLA B27 marker). Pred Forte seems to work best. Durezol was prescribed and I gave it a shot. Three days later, no relief. Called doctor and he prescribed Pred Forte. Hopefully it's not $175 like the Durezol was. I seem to remember Pred Forte being much less expensive. It's been four years since my last flare up, so I don't remember!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Uveitis "After seeing two PA's and finally my eye surgeon, he diagnosed me with uveitis. I used the eye drops for a couple of weeks with no progress & was sent to a cornea specialist who said I had herpes. My grandson visited in Nov.2016 and after he left ( 4 yrs old ) I had a cold sore but thought it was acne. Anyway, the prednisone or cortisone got into my system and started causing terrible anxiety. I had to be put on Xanax 1mg 3 times daily & am still having problems. My eye is damaged and I have to wear a hard eye lens and am now told I have to order my second new pair of glasses. I have been suffering now for fourteen months, seeing a specialist at Flaum Eye Institute at Strong. If you have a swollen eye make sure you see a specialist and don't wait. These eye drops are potent and can cause a lot of damage."

darlene (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2018

For Uveitis "My wifes eye trouble began over 5 yrs ago...after 2 specialists basically telling her nothing was wrong the 3rd one informed her of her anterior uveitis. Pupil crazy shaped, severe pain, severe pressure and very light sensitive. Ketorelac, Durezol, and another! Using for almost 5 yrs and iris has been stuck to lens entire time never releasing! Recently removed 2 and tried Combigan and Durezol together! On day 1 pain was the worst its been out of all this time..today (3rd day) she woke, I asked about her pain and her reply "the best its felt since this happened"! I checked it and for the 1st time in 5 yrs her pupil was actually round again and reacts to light...just left doc and the blockage (stuck iris) was 50% released!"

Iris stuck for 5yrs (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 17, 2017

For Uveitis "I have Uveitis from an autoimmune condition called Behcets Syndrome. I recently had a flare and was given this prescription. It cost $234.00 at Walmart. I have flares before and the general good ole Pred Forte does the same thing for TEN TIMES CHEAPER. I can get Pred Forte for $25. The bottle is bigger too. This is another way the drug companies are bringing new products to market, selling the idea and even sometimes a commercial interest in pushing the drug to patients with a kickback. You and my only recourse? Writing reviews like this to protect unwary consumers. Ask for the Pred Forte and save yourself and your insurance company some money. I hate getting ripped off by people whom I trust."

John a longtime eye patient (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

For Uveitis "I'm not sure if durezol did any good. I do know that the ophthalmologist, gallemore, kept me on it for 18 months, without monitoring my IOP, resulting in optic nerve damage in both eyes--blindness in one eye and extreme visual deficits in the other. My IOP was 60/63."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 1, 2017

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation "I'm in the process of using Durezol, first for 3 days, twice daily, pre-cataract surgery, now for 2 weeks, twice daily for post-op, and again prescribed 1 dose daily for 2 more weeks. Does this sound excessive considering I have also been prescribed Ilevro, same dosage schedule?? I am somewhat concerned with overdosing and causing serious eye damage. Thanks."

Rosie June (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Uveitis "I have recurring iritis (uveitis) and have used Durezol numerous times when my condition flares up. I keep a bottle at home on the advice of my opthalmologist so that I can start treatment on a weekend if I can't get through to a doctor. The drops are very soothing and have what seems to be a nearly immediate impact. The discomfort starts to subside, along with the redness. I rely on it, along with Atropine Sulfate, which keeps the pupil dilated. In fact, if I put the Durezol drops in first, the Atropine doesn't sting as much. Durezol has worked very well for me."

Debah March 24, 2014

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation "I used Durezol for 2 weeks due to a thyroid problem. Eyes started to retract -very swollen. Durezol worked well for the inflammation however my eye sight was extremely impaired from blurriness. Unfortunately I was no longer able to continue with eye drops."

ca.a (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2013

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation "Durezol was prescribed by my doctor following cataract surgery in both eyes. I had no problems following surgery, so I assume that Durezol was effective and it had no side effects that I am aware of at this time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2013

For Uveitis "Best opthalmic steroid I've used for my condition."

Love these drops! May 21, 2013