User Reviews for Dexamethasone ophthalmic

Also known as: Maxidex, Ozurdex, Dextenza, Decadron Ocumeter, Decadron Phosphate, Ophthalmic, AK-Dex, Dexycu Dexasol

Dexamethasone ophthalmic has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Conjunctivitis
10.0
Summary of Dexamethasone ophthalmic reviews 6.7 11 reviews

Reviews for Dexamethasone ophthalmic

Kbumga · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 26, 2020

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Uveitis, Posterior: “I have had posterior uveitis and custodies macular edema for about 8 years. My vision was very blurry and lines of text had Wavy hard to read areas. I had cornea cloudiness also. About 3 months after an endothelial corneal implant, I got my first Ozurdex implant. I now can see and read so much better and my vision has improved immensely. I get an ozurdex every 3 months.”

kunu · June 4, 2017

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Macular Edema: “After operation of retina detachment and removal of silicon oil my wife had been injected with two injections in her eye viz. Avastin Inj twice. But the situation did not improve. Doctor advised to give ozurdex injection. She was given one ozurdex injection. After giving ozurdex injection the cornea started eroding. She first faced with conjuctivities and redness in her eye after two months of this injection. She is now having a blurred vision/hazzy and cornea erosion and it is deteriorating and having redness and irritation in her eyes. This ozurdex injection is useless and not reliable. This destroyed our hope and life.”

Tina · Taken for less than 1 month · April 23, 2018

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Macular Edema: “I had the Ozurdex Implant two weeks ago. Everything has gone well so far. My eye where the injection was given did hemorrhage (the redness lasted about 1 week); however, there was no pain associated with it. My eye is back to normal with no symptoms. Today, I saw my opthamalogist (sp) and my eye pressure was elevated but still within normal limits. He and my retina specialist will be monitoring me pretty closely. So far I have no complaints.”

Spirit · September 16, 2019

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Macular Edema: “After cataract surgery about two years ago I developed Macula Edema that so far doesn't go away. For treatment, about once every 3 months my doctor injects Ozurdex into each eye. Everything is good with this drug for about another 3 months, then again the macula edema returns and I need the Ozurdex injection again in each eye.”

Sunny · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 1, 2018

Ozurdex (dexamethasone): “I had my first Ozurdex implant on the very first day it was approved by the FDA. I have had 39 treatments. This was needed because of a central retinal vein occlusion. I also needed an Ahmed Valve because of high pressure in that eye. Ozurdex is perfect option for my case. No problems.”

Collicsr · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · October 15, 2016

Maxidex (dexamethasone) for Conjunctivitis: “I was in coma for 3 weeks. When i eventually got home i woke up on the 3rd morning to total blindness in my left and only partial site in the other. After invasive investigation it was decided that it was a very rare fungal infection probably caused by acentral line. I had the majority of the infection removed but it left me with cataracts. During the course of all this I have been applying maxidex 2 drops every morning along with other eye drops. I think it has helped a lot. I continue to apply it and am due to have the cataract removed in November. That means I'll be able to see by Christmas all being well. I have the original surgeon to thank for my sight. He had been in the business 35 years and never seen the kind of infection.”

Jj · October 20, 2020

Maxidex (dexamethasone) for Conjunctivitis: “I had pterygium removed from both eyes and I got a sinus infection two weeks after surgery. After lots of sneezing after administering eye drops I was told to use them for six weeks after another two weeks I have sinus issues again which has now developed into a chesty cough as well, has anyone else experienced this”

Lexi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 18, 2019

Ocu-Dex (dexamethasone): “This med has helped with the inflammation but the pain after the numbing medication wears off is horrible! I'm in day 3 of pain and sensitivity to light! This is my second time getting this injection and it wasn't like this the first time!”

Damon · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 18, 2019

Ozurdex (dexamethasone): “Rapid formation of cataract after only 2 injections. Very expensive to have the cataract surgery. Vision still a mess. Do NOT let your Dr. use this product.”

Deb · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 30, 2019

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Uveitis: “The injection is a lifesaver for my anterior uveitis, had been on prednisone drops for years.So thankful this eye shot is available.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · November 10, 2020

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Diabetic Macular Edema: “Do not use this product. Lost most of my vision from it. Dangerous. Beware.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 12, 2017

Ozurdex (dexamethasone) for Uveitis: “Best thing ever”

paulxd · December 21, 2016

For Conjunctivitis: “very very good my eye inflamation end after 3 time uses”

Biswa · November 29, 2018

Maxidex (dexamethasone) for Conjunctivitis: “Good medicine for baby conjunctivitis .”