User Reviews for Loteprednol ophthalmic

Also known as: Lotemax, Inveltys, Alrex, Eysuvis, Lotemax SM

Loteprednol ophthalmic has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of those users who reviewed Loteprednol ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Cyclitis 10.0
Keratitis 5.0
Summary of Loteprednol ophthalmic reviews 7.4 18 reviews

Reviews for Loteprednol ophthalmic

Jim May 11, 2020

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My doctor originally prescribed Lotemax. I almost fell off the chair when I was told the price. I asked my doctor if he could prescribe Loteprednol Etabonate instread. He did and I was much happier with a $10 copay.”

Jamie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2020

Inveltys (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I've been using this for about 3 months; initially for post-surgery and then for my dry eye. I don't have a baseline to compare with but my I can say that during the treatment period my eyes barely swelled up. I have a bad habit, especially during the drier season, to rub my eyes because of irritation. But since I started using this I noticed I stopped rubbing my eyes. Definitely worth trying these eye drops out.”

Meg January 22, 2020

Lotemax SM (loteprednol): “I had an Allergic reaction to pink eye antibiotic eye drop so my eye doctor gave me this Lotemax SM as a sample and had put some in my eye around 5 pm... not long after I felt pressure relief and itching sensation like something was in my eye was gone. I woke up the next morning and my eye was not crusted shut. I noticed there is no generic and the cost is very high with hardly no health coverage that pays for this medicine. Only downside:(”

banta1974 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “They are easy to put in. Don't forget to shake the bottle before instilling the drop. I noticed my eye lashes lengthening with continued use.”

Blinded2 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 15, 2019

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Used Lotemax and my optic nerve was damaged and now blind in the eye.”

Chena · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “Bottle is very difficult to open and you can waste some of the medication opening it. At the price it was I don't want to lose a drop”

bud · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

Inveltys (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had the drops instead of gel which was welcome change to this medicine. and only twice a day!”

Mona Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2017

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Cyclitis: “I had a blocked tear duct with inflammation and this worked almost instantly after trying other drops.”

Dee tee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2017

Alrex (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “Had on going conjunctivitis due to allergic reaction to dust at work. Tried another eye drop for 10 days , then 3 weeks later used an eye cream for about a week. Neither products worked. Then about another a week later when conjunctivitis came back I started using these drops:). Have been using for a month with follow up visits & gradual reduction of drops used. My eyes are feeling great. I'm also using an essential oil based cleaner (thieves from Young living essential oils) to clean my work space daily. I'm also using the antibacterial & antifungal essential oil on my hands daily. The combination of all these things have greatly improved my eye health!!”

senior patient · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2016

Alrex (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “Benzalkonium is the worst preservative ever. I will not use again and will not use Allrex. The company can do better and has the assets to improve the product.”

JACK75 November 7, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Keratitis: “Ok stuff”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Started working within a day”

mygirlfriend January 13, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “What a nightmare! I normally do not have adverse reactions to prescriptions, but I had such severe eye pain when using these drops that I had to be taken into the ER of Bascom Palmer Eye Hospital in Miami where it took multiple medical personnel a long time to even pry my eyes open--I was literally screaming in pain. If you've ever experienced kidney stones (I have) imagine that continuous sharp pain but all in your eyes. I thought I would never see again. This side effect of Map-Dot Corneal Dystrophy (Corneal Erosion Episode) from these drops is unbelievable Please do not use these drops if there is an alternative available to you. Ask your doctor to recommend something else. I have no problems with Tobradex, which is also a steroid drop.”

T. Lee November 11, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Iritis: “I went to my doctor for general eye irritation and most likely an incorrect fitting of my current contacts which is causing eye irritation. I was prescribed Lotemax, 1 drop in each eye, 4 x day. Obviously Lotemax is a steriod. I have NO history of anxiety or mental illness. After first day I noticed I was having weird thoughts that I couldn't get out of my head. In the days that followed, I started to have SEVERE anxiety with full blown panic attacks. I was scared to be around my husband and my children worried that I might cause them harm or them harming themselves, or somehow being subjected to harm... my worst fear. I was manic with worry and paranoia and cried repeatedly. I stopped the meds and the symptoms started to disappear.”

Pam C. May 26, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I was prescribed Lotemax for eye pain, burning, crying, itching and swelling of my eyes due to allergies. I felt IMMEDIATE RELIEF! The sclura (white of eye) felt comfortable instantly, I havent had any burning, itching or tearing in 5 days.....only draw back is its a steroid and can only used for 7 days..... :0(”

Fernbern · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I was prescribed Lotemax following PRK surgery. I had no problems or side effects. My ophthalmologist said it was also useful for allergic reactions of the eye (painful swelling & burning). So I have continued to use it for that purpose. My only side effect is blurred vision for about 5 to 10 mins after I use it. Otherwise, this is a wonderful solution to inflammation and burning of the eye.”

N_E May 3, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Iritis: “works very well to treat dry eyes. The out of pocket (and list-) price for 5 ml, 0.5% is outrageous $95/240. In Canada you get a list price for that same medicine (Lotemax 0.5%) of $ 109 for 15 ml (1/6 th)! Who's pocketing the difference?”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more August 7, 2012

Alrex (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “ Maintenance of corneal transplants: Basically no side effects beside secondary glaucoma, over a period of using one drop in each eye daily for 12 years.”

Eye pain April 9, 2012

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I am at a advanced stage of Keracotonus and can no longer see out of one eye. My eye hurts considerablely every morning but the Lotemax drops help with pain. The only side effect I had was a mild rash on chin.”