User Reviews for Loteprednol ophthalmic

Also known as: Lotemax, Alrex, Eysuvis, Inveltys, Lotemax SM

Loteprednol ophthalmic has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 25 ratings on Drugs.com. 69% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 23% reported a negative experience.

Postoperative Ocular Inflammation
Keratitis
Summary of Loteprednol ophthalmic reviews 7.4 25 reviews

Reviews for Loteprednol ophthalmic

T. Lee · November 11, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Iritis: “I went to my doctor for general eye irritation and most likely an incorrect fitting of my current contacts which is causing eye irritation. I was prescribed Lotemax, 1 drop in each eye, 4 x day. Obviously Lotemax is a steriod. I have NO history of anxiety or mental illness. After first day I noticed I was having weird thoughts that I couldn't get out of my head. In the days that followed, I started to have SEVERE anxiety with full blown panic attacks. I was scared to be around my husband and my children worried that I might cause them harm or them harming themselves, or somehow being subjected to harm... my worst fear. I was manic with worry and paranoia and cried repeatedly. I stopped the meds and the symptoms started to disappear.”

Eye pain · April 9, 2012

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I am at a advanced stage of Keracotonus and can no longer see out of one eye. My eye hurts considerablely every morning but the Lotemax drops help with pain. The only side effect I had was a mild rash on chin.”

Pam C. · May 26, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I was prescribed Lotemax for eye pain, burning, crying, itching and swelling of my eyes due to allergies. I felt IMMEDIATE RELIEF! The sclura (white of eye) felt comfortable instantly, I havent had any burning, itching or tearing in 5 days.....only draw back is its a steroid and can only used for 7 days..... :0(”

mygirlfriend · January 13, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “What a nightmare! I normally do not have adverse reactions to prescriptions, but I had such severe eye pain when using these drops that I had to be taken into the ER of Bascom Palmer Eye Hospital in Miami where it took multiple medical personnel a long time to even pry my eyes open--I was literally screaming in pain. If you've ever experienced kidney stones (I have) imagine that continuous sharp pain but all in your eyes. I thought I would never see again. This side effect of Map-Dot Corneal Dystrophy (Corneal Erosion Episode) from these drops is unbelievable Please do not use these drops if there is an alternative available to you. Ask your doctor to recommend something else. I have no problems with Tobradex, which is also a steroid drop.”

Jamie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 8, 2020

Inveltys (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I've been using this for about 3 months; initially for post-surgery and then for my dry eye. I don't have a baseline to compare with but my I can say that during the treatment period my eyes barely swelled up. I have a bad habit, especially during the drier season, to rub my eyes because of irritation. But since I started using this I noticed I stopped rubbing my eyes. Definitely worth trying these eye drops out.”

J · February 3, 2021

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “I share the same experience as T-Lee below in 2015. I've never had any mental health problems, but after a week of taking Lotemax for dry eye & inflammation. I started to have dark thoughts which turned into extreme anxiety. When I say extreme, so extreme I thought the only way to end the episode was to harm myself. I luckily told those close to me what was happening and tried to work through each episode. I thought I was going insane, I even set up a course of anti anxiety medication and counselling with my GP. Until, my mum who was comforting me and helping me look after my children (because I couldn't) looked up the side effects of Lotemax and saw the reviews, most noteably the one from T.Lee. I was so relieved I wasn't going mad and now I have stopped the drops for 2 days the anxiety is fading. I also have a urinary tract infection, which when I checked is another side affect.”

Jim · May 11, 2020

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My doctor originally prescribed Lotemax. I almost fell off the chair when I was told the price. I asked my doctor if he could prescribe Loteprednol Etabonate instread. He did and I was much happier with a $10 copay.”

N_E · May 3, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Iritis: “works very well to treat dry eyes. The out of pocket (and list-) price for 5 ml, 0.5% is outrageous $95/240. In Canada you get a list price for that same medicine (Lotemax 0.5%) of $ 109 for 15 ml (1/6 th)! Who's pocketing the difference?”

Fernbern · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 17, 2015

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I was prescribed Lotemax following PRK surgery. I had no problems or side effects. My ophthalmologist said it was also useful for allergic reactions of the eye (painful swelling & burning). So I have continued to use it for that purpose. My only side effect is blurred vision for about 5 to 10 mins after I use it. Otherwise, this is a wonderful solution to inflammation and burning of the eye.”

Tay B. · Taken for less than 1 month · October 29, 2021

Lotemax SM (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had scarring on my eye after having pink eye for a few days. My doctor gave me a sample of this medication and advised me to take it 4x a day for 2 weeks to help repair the scarring on my eye and light sensitivity. I noticed immediate relief after my first drop and my eyes were not sensitive to light anymore after using. I will say that this medication is a bit thick and has a gel consistency so it is a little tough to apply at first. I experienced no side effects besides my eye crying after the first drop. I’m hoping to not run out of the sample before my 2 weeks is up because the doctor did mention it is an expensive medicine. The sample bottle is small.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · February 17, 2021

Lotemax SM (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I have not had a good experience with this. Very difficult to get in eye, leaves my eyes as if something is in my eyes and I find that I do not want to use it as doctor prescribed because of feeling something is in eye. Will ask for a liquid steroid eyedrop.”

Meg · January 22, 2020

Lotemax SM (loteprednol): “I had an Allergic reaction to pink eye antibiotic eye drop so my eye doctor gave me this Lotemax SM as a sample and had put some in my eye around 5 pm... not long after I felt pressure relief and itching sensation like something was in my eye was gone. I woke up the next morning and my eye was not crusted shut. I noticed there is no generic and the cost is very high with hardly no health coverage that pays for this medicine. Only downside:(”

Dee tee · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 2, 2017

Alrex (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “Had on going conjunctivitis due to allergic reaction to dust at work. Tried another eye drop for 10 days , then 3 weeks later used an eye cream for about a week. Neither products worked. Then about another a week later when conjunctivitis came back I started using these drops:). Have been using for a month with follow up visits & gradual reduction of drops used. My eyes are feeling great. I'm also using an essential oil based cleaner (thieves from Young living essential oils) to clean my work space daily. I'm also using the antibacterial & antifungal essential oil on my hands daily. The combination of all these things have greatly improved my eye health!!”

vanity6 · Taken for less than 1 month · February 20, 2022

Eysuvis (loteprednol) for Dry Eye Disease: “My ophthalmologist in Ohio gave me a free sampler in case I experienced a serious flare-up. I held onto it, but didn't use it until I was truly desperate. I moved across the country. My new ophthalmologist gave me a sampler of Xiidra which I tried for only 2 days and experienced the worst dry eye symptoms of my life and lasted weeks after trying it! I went back to the new doctor who refused to give me anything to calm the inflammation. I then turned to the handy sampler (which had not yet expired) that the first doc gave me. It saved me from the terrible inflammation induced by the awful Xiidra. It stung the first day, but the second day was bliss. Oh yeah, I dumped the new doc!”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month · April 19, 2022

Lotemax SM (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Lotemax SM Opthalmic Gel 5g I used the product after cataract surgery with no problems. The one question you can’t find an answer to is how many drops are in that 5g / 10ml bottle. FYI, I got 103 drops.”

John Smith · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 28, 2022

Eysuvis (loteprednol) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have ocular rosacea and MGD with 60% gland loss. At the maximum dosage of 4 drops a day in each eye over a three-week period, this drop almost completely eliminated my lid wiper epitheliopathy and greatly improved my symptoms during the three-week period. It also only slightly raised my eye pressure in both eyes. Unfortunately after having to taper down to two drops a day after the three weeks my symptoms have completely returned. However the drop is advertised to be taken for dry eye flares in the short term and it worked very well in that regard at the highest dose. My one complaint is that the eye drop bottle itself is cheaply made and drops tend to quickly pour out sometimes as soon as you tip it into position above your eye wasting drops as a result. I put in a ton of drops daily and this bottle is the only one that I have this problem with.”

Blinded2 · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 15, 2019

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Used Lotemax and my optic nerve was damaged and now blind in the eye.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more · August 7, 2012

Alrex (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “ Maintenance of corneal transplants: Basically no side effects beside secondary glaucoma, over a period of using one drop in each eye daily for 12 years.”

bud · Taken for less than 1 month · May 9, 2019

Inveltys (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had the drops instead of gel which was welcome change to this medicine. and only twice a day!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · November 1, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Started working within a day”

Chena · Taken for less than 1 month · May 29, 2019

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Conjunctivitis: “Bottle is very difficult to open and you can waste some of the medication opening it. At the price it was I don't want to lose a drop”

Mona Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month · May 3, 2017

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Cyclitis: “I had a blocked tear duct with inflammation and this worked almost instantly after trying other drops.”

banta1974 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 17, 2020

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “They are easy to put in. Don't forget to shake the bottle before instilling the drop. I noticed my eye lashes lengthening with continued use.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month · April 12, 2021

Eysuvis (loteprednol) for Dry Eye Disease: “My eyes were red, dry, and achy. After trying multiple eye drops, Eysuvis was the only one to soothe my eyes.”

JACK75 · November 7, 2016

Lotemax (loteprednol) for Keratitis: “Ok stuff”