User Reviews for Prednisolone ophthalmic

Also known as: Pred Forte, Prednisol, Omnipred, Pred Mild, Econopred, Econopred Plus AK-Pred

Prednisolone ophthalmic has an average rating of 3.6 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings on Drugs.com. 17% of those users who reviewed Prednisolone ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Iritis   9.0
Postoperative Ocular Inflammation   3.3
Keratitis   2.0
Conjunctivitis, Allergic   1.0
Summary of Prednisolone ophthalmic reviews 3.6 20 reviews

Reviews for Prednisolone ophthalmic

Ali · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2021

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic: “I was prescribed these drops to treat allergic conjunctivitis due to the silicone in my contact lenses. These drops caused significantly high eye pressure. I now have permanent steroid induced high eye pressure and will have to either stay on glaucoma drops for the rest of my life or get SLT surgery.”

Lost eye · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2020

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Had a serious eye injury. A ruptured Globe had emergency surgery to close the eye and a second to reattach the retina as an attempt to restore vision both surgery's went well but no usable vision returned. 12 weeks on prednisone drops and the most intense migraine for all of that time. I ran out for a weekend and headache went away. I told my Dr he said it couldn't be the prednisone he had never had it cause headaches I tried it again migraine within the hour. So he gave a different brand same thing never again will I put that stuff in my eye.”

Red Eye August 12, 2020

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Prednisolone eye drops after my Vitrectomy eye surgery. On drops for 11 weeks. Tried to wean off the drops on 8th week. Went from 4x p/day to 3-2-1. First 24 hours without Prednisolone was PAINFUL!! Eyeball felt like it was ready to burst out of my head, and I got a horrible migraine. My eye was blood red. Called my doctor office, and a doctor on call told me to take the drops again right away. Saw my Doctor the next day, he said I have inflammation, go back on 4x p/day, and wean again. This was a couple of weeks ago, now I’m suffering effects. My eye pressure remains high, I now suffer High blood pressure, my whole 54 years My blood pressure range has always been 100-105. My vision gets distorted. Yesterday, I saw my doctor again, and he said it’s the Prednisolone. Wean to 1 x per day for a week, as I need to get off the drops. Not even 24 hours and my eye is blood shot red and I feel pain again. This is VERY hard to wean off. Please beware!!!”

Lucy June 21, 2020

“I had cataract surgery in one eye, the doctor prescribed prenisone eye drops! I have sores all over my head and body, I told him and he said he never heard of that and keep taking it! My whole head is full of sores and some on my body! Very painful, should I be worried!”

Flawless · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

For Iritis: “Only problem I had was dry eyes blurred vision and seeing fluttering. Really helped my eye pain and redness”

Janis127 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2019

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “On prednisolone eye drops 4X a day both eyes for severe viral conjunctivitis following corneal transplant. They work in terms of clearing up inflammation BUT the side effects are 1. Severe and 2. NOT reported in literature. I have very bad stomach upset, pain, bloating, severe diarrhea. Also Insomnia, fatigue, and mental changes. This is DEFINITELY from the drops as this has happened before. I’m so sick and tired of being told these drops aren’t absorbed systemically in enough quantity to cause problems. Rubbish! They’re AWFUL . I hate Prednisone and wish doctors would come up with another way to treat these issues. Thus drug is effective but the side effects are debilitating.”

Lea · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2019

For Keratitis: “I was prescribed prednisolone acetate 1% for dry eye inflammation. Doctor wanted me on it 2 to 3 weeks. I took it for 11 days exactly and I told my doctor I couldn't continue this med another day. I explained my strange side effects and my optometrist reassured me it was unlikely to be from these drops. She told me to taper off them and I did my best but I eventually just stopped.. I googled everything I could find about this medications side effects and none of them matched mine. My Side effects: extreme fatigue, insomnia, achey joints, lights brighter than normal, unsteady, and mental exhaustion? I felt like I had the flu without the fever? I started to think I had something medically wrong with me I was struggling to get through a day at work. I have chronic dry eye so I'm hoping I never have to take these again.”

I hate this med · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

For Conjunctivitis, Allergic: “My doctor put on this for pinguecula . I don’t even know if this is the right med for my condition. Anyhow, within two weeks of using it sporadically, my eyes are extremely sensitive to light. I’ve spend about $100 on blue/green light blocking glasses and it still hurts in presence of light. I’m going to get a second opinion from my PCP on whether this med was necessary. Life with your eyes closed suck! Stay away!”

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had surgery on both eyes and after using the drops for four and a half weeks I started seeing halos around lights. I felt insecure about going up stairs my balance was not as steady. After the fourth week, I noticed had a funny taste in my mouth and when I brushed my teeth experienced bleeding coming from the center of my tongue. I called my doctor and he told me to discontinue the drops until our next appointment the following week.”

Flann · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2019

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Had cataract surgery right eye then two weeks later left eye taking drops as prescribed. 1 week after 2nd surgery and drop use started experiencing insomnia, sleeping irratically and up for hours during night. Unable to wear c-pap (breathing device for apnea due to eye surgery as mask puts pressure around eye ... but insomnia didn’t start until 3 weeks on drops.”

cataract surgeries on both September 11, 2018

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “This medication caused headaches and painful eye pressure behind my eyes. It also felt as if I had foreign bodies in my eye. Due to the great discomfort I experienced, I began reading several sites regarding this medication. I find that this medication has many concerning negative side effects.”

naed July 21, 2018

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I was told by my regular Optomologist that it usually takes around 3 months for complete healing of cataract removal. I was weaned from prednisolone in two sessions. However, after administering it for 2 1/2 months, and a few days passed in its absence, my eye became red, itching, slight pain, tearing and very sensitive to light at night. The surgeon put me back on prednisolone 4 time a day for two weeks. Praying that the inflammation will be done away within that time frame.”

Holly · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2018

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I used this after cataract surgery. I noticed that I have been getting more fatigued after almost 3 weeks of use. My balance is definitely unsteady and I am use to walking over 7000 steps a day. My thinking is foggy. It would be scary if I had to use precision tools. I am becoming more hesitant on using stairs in my 2 story home. Shall be consulting Doctor after having read other comments.”

I'm taking it for 2 month now. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2017

For Iritis: “I'm taking it for two month so far , I haven't experienced any side effect yet. Is it true that I could cause blindness ?”

Sandhill Garden · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2017

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I used these drops as prescribed, 4x daily, beginning several days before cataract surgery for 6 weeks (2 weeks after the second surgery). I was not told of possible adverse side effects. When I became ill soon after starting the drops, I did not realize what was causing the problem and was afraid to tell the doctor for fear he would not perform the second surgery. However, I was so fatigued and lethargic that I had to stop exercising, and just got through each day doing the minimum to get by. I was also plagued by fluid in my ear. It wasn't until stopping prednisone for 2 weeks that I began to feel better. Patients should be told of the possible side effects, and I think prednisone should be avoided or the minimum possible prescribed.”

Tiger Terry December 17, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Experiencing muscle pain and weakness, poor sleep quality, and general fatigue but not sure if these symptoms are from side effects of this med after a week and a half of using drops in eye. Also noticing some irritation and mental confusion post op. Is this common after cataract surgery? I feel vision adjustment issues might cause the vertigo & loss of muscular control I am also experiencing.”

Dhallen1 December 9, 2016

For Iritis: “I started taking this because I have shingles on my face and on my eye. I took 1drop on the left eye every hour for 13hours. By the end of that time my eye was seriously sore. I went to bed and next a.m.my eye was better according to Dr. So yeah sometimes it's. going to hurt more before it gets better”

Denny3 August 25, 2016

For Iritis: “I am a 75 year old male, and have reoccurring bout with Iritis, this is the ONLY medication that I take for it (there is another more powerful med. but I can't think of the name of it) . The only side affect I have is a momentary burning however it is only momentary. I think the med. great and I recommend it.”

stargazer50 May 8, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “On this for cystoid macular edema after cataract surgery for 21 days. After 24 hrs I had a severe headache in the occipital area which increased 4 fold daily to the point of nausea, severe nausea, then 3 days of vomiting prior to winding up in the ER for cardiac. After 5 hrs. of testing FORTUNATELY it was not a heart attack. I knew something was up from day one (former pharmacy worker) with the side effects. The day after I stopped the drops no headache & other symptoms vanished!! Did research and the drug had interaction with my Diltiazem 240mg ER I was taking for HBP. What happened was the PredForte drop was magnified 4X by the effect with the interaction with my script. I'm telling you folks ALWAYS keep your Pharmacist in the loop.”

Disappointed and concerned September 23, 2015

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “After completing 4 weeks of treatment, as prescribed, my eye became irritated i.e pain/discomfort, redness and sensitivity to light. I was told to repeat it for 4 more weeks. I've been on it now for 4 months with the same results. Stop it, and soon eye irritation begins again. And I'm back to using it again. Doesn't seem right, especially when one should not use it for long periods Doesn't seem to be working. I too agree that it stings when instilled and I also taste it.”

Anonymous May 28, 2015

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Caused the eye to burn afterwards.”