User Reviews for Prednisolone

Also known as: AK-Pred, Econopred, Econopred Plus, Inflamase Forte, Inflamase Mild, Ocu-Pred, Ocu-Pred Forte, Ocu-Pred-A, Omnipred, Pred Forte, Pred Mild, Prednisol

Learn more about Prednisolone.

Prednisolone Rating Summary

4.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Postoperative Ocular Inflammation.

Reviews for Prednisolone to treat Postoperative Ocular Inflammation

"I used these drops as prescribed, 4x daily, beginning several days before cataract surgery for 6 weeks (2 weeks after the second surgery). I was not told of possible adverse side effects. When I became ill soon after starting the drops, I did not realize what was causing the problem and was afraid to tell the doctor for fear he would not perform the second surgery. However, I was so fatigued and lethargic that I had to stop exercising, and just got through each day doing the minimum to get by. I was also plagued by fluid in my ear. It wasn't until stopping prednisone for 2 weeks that I began to feel better. Patients should be told of the possible side effects, and I think prednisone should be avoided or the minimum possible prescribed."

Sandhill Garden (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017

"Experiencing muscle pain and weakness, poor sleep quality, and general fatigue but not sure if these symptoms are from side effects of this med after a week and a half of using drops in eye. Also noticing some irritation and mental confusion post op. Is this common after cataract surgery? I feel vision adjustment issues might cause the vertigo & loss of muscular control I am also experiencing."

Tiger Terry December 17, 2016

"On this for cystoid macular edema after cataract surgery for 21 days. After 24 hrs I had a severe headache in the occipital area which increased 4 fold daily to the point of nausea, severe nausea, then 3 days of vomiting prior to winding up in the ER for cardiac. After 5 hrs. of testing FORTUNATELY it was not a heart attack. I knew something was up from day one (former pharmacy worker) with the side effects. The day after I stopped the drops no headache & other symptoms vanished!! Did research and the drug had interaction with my Diltiazem 240mg ER I was taking for HBP. What happened was the PredForte drop was magnified 4X by the effect with the interaction with my script. I'm telling you folks ALWAYS keep your Pharmacist in the loop."

stargazer50 May 8, 2016

"After completing 4 weeks of treatment, as prescribed, my eye became irritated i.e pain/discomfort, redness and sensitivity to light. I was told to repeat it for 4 more weeks. I've been on it now for 4 months with the same results. Stop it, and soon eye irritation begins again. And I'm back to using it again. Doesn't seem right, especially when one should not use it for long periods Doesn't seem to be working. I too agree that it stings when instilled and I also taste it."

Disappointed and concerned September 23, 2015

"Caused the eye to burn afterwards."

Anonymous May 28, 2015