User Reviews for Difluprednate ophthalmic

Also known as: Durezol

Difluprednate ophthalmic has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings on Drugs.com. 36% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Uveitis
5.8
Postoperative Ocular Inflammation
5.8
Summary of Difluprednate ophthalmic reviews 5.8 17 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Difluprednate ophthalmic

Jitters · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “I started on Durazol 1.5 weeks ago for my first (and hopefully only) onset of severe anterior uveitis. I was on pred forte every hour for 24 hours and my condition only became worse. My pupil was misformed and my pressure was 28. Doc put me on Durazo every 2 hours and in two days my vision went from 20/80 to 20/40 and my pressure dropped to 18. After a week on 1 drop every two hours my pressure went down to 13 and there were no signs of cells in my eye. My doctor than said I could take it every 4 hours. I am wondering if anyone else has been on this high a dose for a week and if so, if this medication has caused any one to feel jittery/anxious. After about 7 days I started feeling like I was jumping out of my skin and I wake up frequently at night feeling panicky. This is not usual for me. This drug is a miracle and I am thankful to have had such good relief, but don’t think I can put up with the anxiety!”

LizGrace · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had severe anxiety using Durezol for 3 months after my cornea transplant. Eventually went off it because it caused high eye pressure in the surgery eye, but never associated my anxiety, sleeplessness, and inability to work with this drug. I've been reading about it, and what happened to me has happened to others using Durezol.”

Debah March 24, 2014

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “I have recurring iritis (uveitis) and have used Durezol numerous times when my condition flares up. I keep a bottle at home on the advice of my opthalmologist so that I can start treatment on a weekend if I can't get through to a doctor. The drops are very soothing and have what seems to be a nearly immediate impact. The discomfort starts to subside, along with the redness. I rely on it, along with Atropine Sulfate, which keeps the pupil dilated. In fact, if I put the Durezol drops in first, the Atropine doesn't sting as much. Durezol has worked very well for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2013

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Durezol was prescribed by my doctor following cataract surgery in both eyes. I had no problems following surgery, so I assume that Durezol was effective and it had no side effects that I am aware of at this time.”

darlene · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2018

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “After seeing two PA's and finally my eye surgeon, he diagnosed me with uveitis. I used the eye drops for a couple of weeks with no progress & was sent to a cornea specialist who said I had herpes. My grandson visited in Nov.2016 and after he left ( 4 yrs old ) I had a cold sore but thought it was acne. Anyway, the prednisone or cortisone got into my system and started causing terrible anxiety. I had to be put on Xanax 1mg 3 times daily & am still having problems. My eye is damaged and I have to wear a hard eye lens and am now told I have to order my second new pair of glasses. I have been suffering now for fourteen months, seeing a specialist at Flaum Eye Institute at Strong. If you have a swollen eye make sure you see a specialist and don't wait. These eye drops are potent and can cause a lot of damage.”

ca.a · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2013

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I used Durezol for 2 weeks due to a thyroid problem. Eyes started to retract -very swollen. Durezol worked well for the inflammation however my eye sight was extremely impaired from blurriness. Unfortunately I was no longer able to continue with eye drops.”

John a longtime eye patient · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2017

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “I have Uveitis from an autoimmune condition called Behcets Syndrome. I recently had a flare and was given this prescription. It cost $234.00 at Walmart. I have flares before and the general good ole Pred Forte does the same thing for TEN TIMES CHEAPER. I can get Pred Forte for $25. The bottle is bigger too. This is another way the drug companies are bringing new products to market, selling the idea and even sometimes a commercial interest in pushing the drug to patients with a kickback. You and my only recourse? Writing reviews like this to protect unwary consumers. Ask for the Pred Forte and save yourself and your insurance company some money. I hate getting ripped off by people whom I trust.”

Rosie June · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2015

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I'm in the process of using Durezol, first for 3 days, twice daily, pre-cataract surgery, now for 2 weeks, twice daily for post-op, and again prescribed 1 dose daily for 2 more weeks. Does this sound excessive considering I have also been prescribed Ilevro, same dosage schedule?? I am somewhat concerned with overdosing and causing serious eye damage. Thanks.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 1, 2017

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “I'm not sure if durezol did any good. I do know that the ophthalmologist, gallemore, kept me on it for 18 months, without monitoring my IOP, resulting in optic nerve damage in both eyes--blindness in one eye and extreme visual deficits in the other. My IOP was 60/63.”

Iris stuck for 5yrs · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 17, 2017

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “My wifes eye trouble began over 5 yrs ago...after 2 specialists basically telling her nothing was wrong the 3rd one informed her of her anterior uveitis. Pupil crazy shaped, severe pain, severe pressure and very light sensitive. Ketorelac, Durezol, and another! Using for almost 5 yrs and iris has been stuck to lens entire time never releasing! Recently removed 2 and tried Combigan and Durezol together! On day 1 pain was the worst its been out of all this time..today (3rd day) she woke, I asked about her pain and her reply "the best its felt since this happened"! I checked it and for the 1st time in 5 yrs her pupil was actually round again and reacts to light...just left doc and the blockage (stuck iris) was 50% released!”

Tee Gee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2018

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “After 9 months of steroid following surgery, I was blessed with a Demodex parasitic mite infection which I still have 6 months later. I will never take another steroid in my life. It is worse than Scabies I cannot get rid of them. Someone has suggested I try ivermectin tablets and cream, will do some research.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2018

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “I have had recurring iritis for 25 years (positive HLA B27 marker). Pred Forte seems to work best. Durezol was prescribed and I gave it a shot. Three days later, no relief. Called doctor and he prescribed Pred Forte. Hopefully it's not $175 like the Durezol was. I seem to remember Pred Forte being much less expensive. It's been four years since my last flare up, so I don't remember!”

Kim · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2021

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “Sudden onset of uveitis out of the blue. Eye pain, floaters. Doctor recommended Durazol, which is expensive but in the end worth every penny. I had the treatment drops in the first 2 weeks one drop every 2 hours, then very slowly decrease in the following weeks. The 2nd week my vision improved dramatically. The only anxiety experienced was my fear of not recovering my vision. That said, floaters still in my eyes, but diminished. The eye inflammation gone. I feel relieved and happy now.”

Love these drops! May 21, 2013

Durezol (difluprednate) for Uveitis: “Best opthalmic steroid I've used for my condition.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2018

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Was prescribed after cataract surgery. The 5 ml bottle as $175. Why so expensive?”

Champ · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I had cornea replacement 5 days ago. Now I have itchiness when blinking. Is this normal or a warning sign?”

Lucille · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

Durezol (difluprednate) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My eyes are driving me crazy they feel like they constantly have a wet fuzz in them but there is nothing there. Makes me crazy”

ssbdw · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

“I had inflamed eyes from an allergy and this difluprednate stung my eyes so much so that I went back to Pred Forte.”