User Reviews for Ketorolac ophthalmic

Also known as: Acular, Acuvail, Acular LS, Acular PF

Ketorolac ophthalmic has an average rating of 7.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of those users who reviewed Ketorolac ophthalmic reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Postoperative Ocular Inflammation
5.3
Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis
10.0
Corneal Refractive Surgery
Summary of Ketorolac ophthalmic reviews 7.2 8 reviews

Duval November 27, 2020

Acular (ketorolac) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “I used acular as prescribed after first cataract operation with no after effects. Unfortunately, when using it, as prescribed, after second operation, I had an allergic reaction. I am seriously allergic to aspirin and Acular states that it is unsuitable for People who are aspirin allergic. There must be an alternative that surgeons could prescribe.”

Simply Simone · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2019

“I was given Ketorolac at a walk in clinic when I had woken up to my eye tearing excessively and in my eye was very painful. It was non stop and only got worse as the time passed. I couldn't keep that eye open and couldn't see or read due to this horrible condition. I went to a walk-in clinic as I needed to go to work and it was going to be impossible to do my computer work. The walk in clinic used these Ketorolac drops after they ruled out any foreign substances in my eye and the eye pain was gone right away, tearing stopped and I was able to go thru my day at work on my computer as normal. An eye doctor later discovered that my problem had been due to sleeping with a fan and sleeping with my eye open. I was advised to use dry eye ointment at night to prevent this from happening again and to turn off the fan at night. I use the ointment but still use the fan and have had no problem since the revelation and advice!”

al j · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2018

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “excellent results”

BUBBA1 July 13, 2009

Acular LS (ketorolac) for Corneal Refractive Surgery: “I used it again after my second cataract surgery. I had no pain/burning/staining, but I used it REGULARLY as directed. ALWAYS wash hands thoroughly before each administration. Just hard to imagine eye surgery without this medication.”

CA surfer · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2016

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Was prescribed these drops along w/2 others for my "after cataract surgery" eye care. The surgery went off w/out a hitch, but I was still allergic to where I'd moved to. A pharmacist mentioned this would help w/my extremely/unbelievably itchy "allergy" eyes. A god-send that WORKS...no OTC eye drops made any difference at all. Keep in refrigerator/it feels better. Yes, it burns like wholly hell for a bit, but then the itching stops. Now got to get my eye doctor to give me another prescription...”

Buzzyboo October 6, 2017

Acuvail (ketorolac) for Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Have dry eye and use drops, I found Months after cataract surgery pressure around peripheral sides and Bottom of eye lids , nothing helped much to alleviate the pressure. Had some Acuvail left over and out of desperation on my own I tried some .it worked surprisingly Quite Well . I checked with my Eye Surgeon and he said continue 1 drop each eye morn and eve. GOOD RESULTS”

Greg O July 13, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “My doctor had me on a dosage of Acular LS of one drop per eye per day. It ELIMINATED my photophobia (sensitivity and pain) which was caused by cornea transplants that I needed to treat my Keratoconus. Even though my dosage was 1/4 the normal dosage recommendation my doctor took me off the Acular LS since a known effect of the medication at normal dosages is thinning of the cornea. I have found no other treatment that helps with my photophobia. This stuff will sting when you use it, but it definitely works. For the time that I used it, I could participate in outdoor activities, view fireworks, basically tolerate normal activities. Without it, I'm confined to a dark hole. So the product is great! Just wish I could continue using it.”

Anonymous June 3, 2016

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Metalic taste in mouth after instillation”

Pamela B. May 10, 2011

For Postoperative Ocular Inflammation: “Had allergic reaction of hives, swelling and itching.”