User Reviews for Patanol

Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis
8.1

Reviews for Patanol

Anonymous November 21, 2019

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have horses and the dusty hay causes my eyes to swell n itch. This product didn't make any difference so I bought goggles to wear while handling hay. Always feel like something in my eye especially when closed. Pricewise very cheap where I live in cyprus..only €2.”

OooSillyMe · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 28, 2019

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have used Patanol for 10 years twice a day for allergies. I have noticed over the past year that the amount in the bottle does not last 30 days any longer. I am EXTREMELY careful to not squeeze out any additional drops and this month it only lasted 3 weeks. I used to get 4 to 5 weeks out of a bottle even with squeezing out additional drops accidentally. For the price they could at least last the full 30 days. They are effective for allergies and don't burn my eyes like the generic that insurance tried to force me into.”

Very good · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I was using Azelastine for one month and my eyes burn . I changed for patanol and my eyes don’t burn this product is perfect to me .”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 14, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Seasonal allergies, very bad. I have used this product now for second season, with some relief of itchy, red, swollen eyes. Works ok, not a miracle though for my itchy eyes. Since it can only be used twice a day, I supplement with other drop OTC that work almost as well. The price, I really don't understand how any 5ml bottle can be $300.00. What about the people who don't/can't afford health insurance? I hope my review is published, although it isn't a 10 review, I am hoping the cost will drop for those people who cannot afford this eye drop RX.”

nzgirl March 21, 2009

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Great medicine, I've been using it everyday for 5 years now, really helps to control and relieve my conjunctivitis, and it keeps the whites of my eyes clear (they used to be red/yellowish often). However, for serious cases of conjunctivitis (which hit me once a year at the beginning of summer), it doesn't really help, and you'll have to see your ophthalmologist for steroid drops. The major downside is the price. $35-40 for a 5ml bottle here in NZ.”

Anonymous September 7, 2010

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I was prescribed this for my allergies and took it only a couple of times. I have an auto-immune disorder that causes dry eyes and this medicine made them drier. It also made them itch more and become redder.”

User from New York City January 11, 2011

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I started having red eyes. After the third day of not seeing any progress (I thought I had allergies). I went to the doctor for a diagnosis to find out I had "pink eye". He prescribed me Patanol to control the redness and told me to just wait as "pink eye" is a virus and will go away on its own. I decided to still buy the prescription to find out it cost $160 for 5ml tiny bottle! I used it twice a day (as prescribed) and my eyes were back to its normal white shade in couple of days. I never heard of this eye drop. It is really expensive but seems to be worthy.”

Anonymous55 August 23, 2014

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Even though Patanol is a bit pricy even with insurance (about $30), and without about $190, it's better than rubbing my eyes so hard every day and having my contacts come out from them itching so bad. It absolutely works. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is just because it's annoying to have to wait 10 minutes to put my contacts in when I'm getting ready in the mornings as it has to be absorbed before you do.”

TMH 6173 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 28, 2017

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “Been using Patanol for years and it worked great until it seemed like my eyes were getting worse. I thought I had extremely dry eye and tried an eye lubricant. After using it for little more than a day, my eyes were bad. Itchy, burned, constantly watering, blurred vision, headaches and I realized That the Patanol recently had been doing the same things. I haven't used any eye drops for about 24 hours and although I still have symptoms, I'm just carefully wiping my eyes, and cold compresses help and trying to avoid anything that strains my eyes. Like typing this. I'm really happy with the Patanol, no problems at all until recently. seeing all the symptoms of pinkeye. Patanol is the best thing to treat. I just don't want to get worse again.”

Mackintosh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 3, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I first tried Patanol last year. I had been crying a lot one day and my eyes felt incredibly dry and irritated afterwards. My roommate, a nurse, gave me a new bottle of Patanol (she had just been switched to another rx instead) to help my burning eyes. I had never experienced such immediate, profound relief with any OTC dry eye drops, gels, etc. for my dry eye symptoms! Now I have my own Rx, and it still works wonders for my bad dry eyes.”

QofB May 9, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “ever since I can remember my eyes have always itched and every day I would rub/knuckle my eyes and I did some research to find out that rubbing your eyes everyday can result in permanent vision loss so I went to the clinic and was prescribed patanol and it has worked wonders. I am very grateful for modern medicine. A lot of people are paying an arm and a leg but I'm in the military and Uncle Sam takes car of me.”

ShadyEGY February 4, 2009

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “It's good and light on eyes. My doctor prescribed it as I'm having a lot of secretions from my eyes in the morning. Patanol helped me and the good thing is it's safe to use long term.”

Itchy Eyes Momma · Taken for 10 years or more September 14, 2013

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “This has been the only eye drop ever to be calming/soothing and effective almost immediately. The only downside is that it has been expensive with insurance at $30 and then $40. ”

Vic C · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 16, 2013

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “My doctor prescribed this medicine for my itchy, watery and irritated eyes... indeed, it is very effective but it is also pricy.”

fleming64 January 2, 2014

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “It is the best. It is very expensive my allergy doctor helps me by giving me samples sometimes. There a program to help.”

PSmith23 July 17, 2009

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “This medication helped with my allergies greatly! The only problem is that it stung a little when first using it.”

kiab March 25, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “It has worked wonders for my daughter but for those talking about the pricey copay I don't have insurance and it cost me $334.00 for a 5 ml bottle. Now that is what I call pricey.”

CaptainM July 16, 2008

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I have allergic conjunctivitis and it made my eyes feel much better - not so itchy, red and swollen.”

Little dee June 27, 2008

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I am glad I finally found something to relieve my dry eye pain in the summer months.”

D517 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2013

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I'm using these eye drops, to get rid of redness, in my eyes, due to dry eye syndrome. While I do like how it works, it is way too expensive, at 45.00 a copay, and I have very good health insurance. ”

NurseKate04 June 25, 2015

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “I love these drops. They really fixed my watery sore eyes. Only $5 with my insurance in Canada. Not sure how much it would be if my insurance didn't cover it but probably not too much. Life saver.”

Anonymous April 10, 2010

“This helped me a lot. ”

A Naera · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2016

For Seasonal Allergic Conjunctivitis: “great”