Belinostat Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 29, 2023.
Applies to belinostat: intravenous powder for solution.
Serious side effects of Belinostat
Along with its needed effects, belinostat may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking belinostat:
- Black, tarry stools
- bleeding gums
- bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- blood in the urine or stools
- bluish color
- blurred vision
- changes in skin color
- chest pain
- decreased urine
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- dry mouth
- fast heartbeat
- fever or chills
- increased thirst
- irregular heartbeat
- loss of appetite
- mood changes
- muscle pain or cramps
- nausea or vomiting
- numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips
- pale skin
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- rapid, shallow breathing
- sore throat
- tightness in the chest
- troubled breathing with exertion
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- unusual weight gain or loss
Incidence not known
- Abdominal or stomach pain or tenderness
- clay colored stools
- dark urine
- decreased appetite
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- lower back or side pain
- skin rash or itching
- yellow eyes or skin
Other side effects of Belinostat
Some side effects of belinostat may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to belinostat: intravenous powder for injection.
Very common (10% or more): Nausea (43%), vomiting (29%), constipation (23%), diarrhea (23%), decreased appetite (15%), abdominal pain (11%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Headache (15%), dizziness (10%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Fatigue (37%), pyrexia (35%), chills (16%)[Ref]
More about belinostat
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: histone deacetylase inhibitors
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. Product Information. Beleodaq (belinostat). Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc. 2014.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.