Generic Name: miconazole nitrate
Dosage Form: vaginal cream
Medically reviewed on Nov 1, 2018
Miconazole nitrate 2% (100 mg in each applicator)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use
if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription blood thinning medicine, such as warfarin, because bleeding or bruising may occur
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- applicator: insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 nights in a row. Throw applicator away after use.
- external cream: use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina (vulva). Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- do not use if seal over tube opening has been punctured
- do not purchase if carton is open
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, glyceryl stearate, mineral oil, peglicol 5 oleate, pegoxol 7 stearate, purified water
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
7-Day Vaginal Treatment
Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Cream 2%
(Miconazole Nitrate 100 mg per Applicator)
Cures Most Vaginal Yeast Infections
Relieves Associated External Itching and Irritation
7 Disposable Applicators
Compare to Monistat® 7 active ingredient
Miconazole 7 Carton
|Topcare Miconazole 7
miconazole nitrate cream
|Labeler - Topco Associates LLC (006935977)|
More about miconazole topical
- Miconazole topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 2288 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals