Bronkaid Dual Action Formula
Medically reviewed on September 19, 2016
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: EPHEDRINE SULFATE 25mg, GUAIFENESIN 400mg
Labeler: Foundation Consumer Healthcare LLC
NDC Code: 69536-425
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dual Action Formula
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purpose|
|Ephedrine sulfate 25 mg||Bronchodilator|
|Guaifenesin 400 mg||Expectorant|
- for temporary relief of mild symptoms of intermittent asthma:
- tightness of chest
- shortness of breath
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus, drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
Because asthma may be life threatening, see a doctor if you:
- are not better in 60 minutes
- get worse
- need more than 6 caplets in 24 hours
- use more than 4 caplets in 24 hours for more than 3 days a week
- have more than 2 asthma attacks in a week. These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse.
These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse.
- This product will not give you asthma relief as quickly as an inhaled bronchodilator.
- unless a doctor said you have asthma
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- ever been hospitalized for asthma
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- narrow angle glaucoma
- a psychiatric or emotional condition
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- a cough which is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression, or psychiatric or emotional conditions
- taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold, or pain)
- your blood pressure or heart rate may go up. This could increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, which may cause death.
your risk of heart attack or stroke increases if you:
- have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- take this product more frequently or take more than the recommended dose
- avoid foods or beverages that contain caffeine
- avoid dietary supplements containing ingredients reported or claimed to have stimulant effect
- your asthma is getting worse (see Asthma Alert)
- you have difficulty sleeping
- you have a rapid heart beat
- you have tremors, nervousness, or seizure
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 caplet every 4 hours as needed. Do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
call 1-855-565-9800 weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST
Foundation Consumer Healthcare, LLC.
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
available in a 1 caplet dose
DUAL ACTION FORMULA:
- Restores Free Breathing
- Loosens Phlegm
Relief of Mild
DUAL ACTION FORMULA
ephedrine sulfate and guaifenesin tablet, coated
|Labeler - Foundation Consumer Healthcare LLC (079675882)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.