Childrens Robitussin Nighttime Cough Long-Acting DM
Medically reviewed on July 16, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 10mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 10mL
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8692
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 10 ml)||Purposes|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 2 mg||Antihistamine|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg||Cough suppressant|
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- ml = milliliter
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
|children under 6 years||do not use|
|children 6 to under 12 years||10 ml every 6 hours|
|adults and children 12 years and older||20 ml every 6 hours|
- each 10 ml contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
anhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, lactic acid, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Questions or comments?
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
AGES 6 & OVER
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (Antihistamine)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Relieves Cough up to 8 Hours
& Runny Nose
4 FL OZ (118 ml)
|CHILDRENS ROBITUSSIN NIGHTTIME COUGH LONG-ACTING DM
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide solution
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.