Mapap Sinus Congestion and Pain Maximum Strength
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 21, 2018.
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-5783
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with hay fever or other respiratory allergies, and the common cold:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages
- promotes sinus drainage
- helps clear nasal passages
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- swallow whole – do not crush, chew, or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silica gel, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
*Compare to the active ingredients
of Tylenol® SINUS + HEADACHE
Acetaminophen - Pain reliever / Fever reducer
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal decongestant
Relieves Headache Pain,
Sinus Pressure & Nasal Congestion
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS
OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN
OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil
Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark
Tylenol® SINUS + HEADACHE. 50844 REV0316F46608
|MAPAP SINUS CONGESTION AND PAIN
acetaminophen, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0904-5783)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0904-5783)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 55 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (14)
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more