Can you take Symdeko with birth control pills?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 16, 2023.
Symdeko contains no warning against using a hormonal contraceptive at the same time as Symdeko. Symdeko is not expected to modify the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives.
The Symdeko package insert states that it has been studied with an ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone oral contraceptive and was found to have no significant effect on the exposures of the hormonal contraceptive.
Related medical questions
- How does Symdeko work?
- How do the warnings differ between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- How are Symdeko tablets taken?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Kalydeco?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- What are my options for birth control and how effective are they?
- How long do antibiotics affect birth control?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- What are the signs that Plan B didn't work?
- What should I expect after a Mirena IUD removal?
- Symdeko Information for Consumers
- Symdeko prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Symdeko (detailed)