Can you take Symdeko with birth control pills?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 16, 2022.
Symdeko contains no warning against using a hormonal contraceptive at the same time as Symdeko. Symdeko is not expected to modify the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives.
The Symdeko package insert states that it has been studied with an ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone oral contraceptive and was found to have no significant effect on the exposures of the hormonal contraceptive.
Related Medical Questions
- How do the warnings differ between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- How are Symdeko tablets taken?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Kalydeco?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- How long do antibiotics affect birth control?
- Symdeko Information for Consumers
- Symdeko Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Symdeko (detailed)