Can you take Symdeko with birth control pills?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 26, 2020.
Symdeko contains no warning against using a hormonal contraceptive at the same time as Symdeko. Symdeko is not expected to modify the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives.
The Symdeko package insert states that it has been studied with an ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone oral contraceptive and was found to have no significant effect on the exposures of the hormonal contraceptive.
Related Medical Questions
- How do the warnings differ between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- How are Symdeko tablets taken?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Kalydeco?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- Do antibiotics affect the morning after pill?
- What are the side effects of IUDs?
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- When do I start taking Diane pills for birth control?
- Can Kyleena cause weight gain?
- After having a Kyleena insertion, how long do I have to wait to have intercourse?
- When will I get my first period after inserting the Implanon implant?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- Can Kyleena cause acne?
- Mirena, Kyleena, Skyla & Liletta - What's the difference?
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- How long after having a Depo Provera shot can you have unprotected sex?
- Twirla vs Xulane: How do they compare?
- Is it okay to take Vyvanse while on birth control?
- Symdeko Information for Consumers
- Symdeko Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Symdeko (detailed)