Can you take Symdeko with birth control pills?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Feb 26, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Symdeko contains no warning against using a hormonal contraceptive at the same time as Symdeko. Symdeko is not expected to modify the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives.
The Symdeko package insert states that it has been studied with an ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone oral contraceptive and was found to have no significant effect on the exposures of the hormonal contraceptive.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Kalydeco?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- How do the warnings differ between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- How are Symdeko tablets taken?
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- Does Macrobid make birth control pills less effective?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- Symdeko Information for Consumers
- Symdeko Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Symdeko (detailed)