How are Symdeko tablets taken?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Mar 9, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Symdeko tablets are taken as one yellow tablet (tezacaftor 100 mg/ivacaftor 150 mg) in the morning and one light blue tablet (ivacaftor 150 mg) in the evening, approximately 12 hours apart, along with a fat-containing food.
Examples of foods that contain fat are those prepared with butter or oils or those containing eggs, cheeses, nuts, whole milk, or meats.
Symdeko, approved for use in certain patients with cystic fibrosis, is co-packaged as a tezacaftor/ivacaftor fixed-dose combination tablet and an ivacaftor tablet, both taken by mouth.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Kalydeco?
- What is the difference between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- Can you take Symdeko with birth control pills?
- How do the warnings differ between Symdeko and Orkambi?
- Symdeko Information for Consumers
- Symdeko Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Symdeko (detailed)