Does Sublocade have naloxone in it?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm Last updated on Mar 30, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Sublocade only contains buprenorphine. It DOES NOT have naloxone in it.
Sublocade only needs to be given once-a-month and is quite different to other addiction treatments that also contain buprenorphine.
Sublocade may reduce the burden of taking daily medication for patients in recovery, as well as hinder diversion or abuse of oral buprenorphine.
For more information see our slideshow Opioid Use Disorder: These Treatments Are Available, Now.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does the Probuphine implant last?
- How long does Sublocade last?
- How long does Sublocade take to work?
- How is Sublocade administered?
- What's the difference between Sublocade and Suboxone?
- How does Sublocade work?