How long does Sublocade take to work?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm Last updated on Mar 30, 2020.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Sublocade starts working almost straight away with good levels reached within a few hours.
Studies show it takes, on average, 24 hours for buprenorphine (the ingredient in Sublocade) to reach maximum levels (peak) after a Sublocade injection.
Sublocade injection only needs to be given once a month.
For more information see our slideshow Opioid Use Disorder: These Treatments Are Available, Now.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does the Probuphine implant last?
- How long does Sublocade last?
- Does Sublocade have naloxone in it?
- How is Sublocade administered?
- What's the difference between Sublocade and Suboxone?
- How does Sublocade work?