How long does Sublocade take to work?
Sublocade starts working almost straight away with good levels reached within a few hours.
Studies show it takes, on average, 24 hours for buprenorphine (the ingredient in Sublocade) to reach maximum levels (peak) after a Sublocade injection.
Sublocade injection only needs to be given once a month.
For more information see our slideshow Opioid Use Disorder: These Treatments Are Available, Now.
Related medical questions
- Is Sublocade covered by Medicaid?
- How and where is the Sublocade injection given?
- Is Probuphine better than Sublocade?
- Who makes Sublocade in the U.S?
- Is Sublocade a controlled substance?
- How is Sublocade administered?
- How long does opioid withdrawal last?
- How long does buprenorphine stay in your system?
- Sublocade vs Suboxone - What's the difference between them?
- What are the different brands of buprenorphine?
- What is the difference between Sublocade and Brixadi?
- Sublocade Information for Consumers
- Sublocade prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Sublocade (detailed)
Related support groups
- Sublocade (19 questions, 41 members)