How long does Sublocade take to work?
Medically reviewed by Carmen Fookes, BPharm. Last updated on March 30, 2020.
Sublocade starts working almost straight away with good levels reached within a few hours.
Studies show it takes, on average, 24 hours for buprenorphine (the ingredient in Sublocade) to reach maximum levels (peak) after a Sublocade injection.
Sublocade injection only needs to be given once a month.
For more information see our slideshow Opioid Use Disorder: These Treatments Are Available, Now.
Related Medical Questions
- How long does Suboxone stay in your system?
- Sublocade vs Suboxone - What's the difference between them?
- Is Sublocade an addictive drug?
- Who makes Sublocade in the U.S?
- How does Sublocade work?
- Does Sublocade need to be refrigerated?
- How is Sublocade administered?
- Is buprenorphine an opiate / narcotic?
- Does Suboxone help with pain?
- Is buprenorphine the same as Suboxone?
- Can you take Subutex with opioids in your system?
- What are the different brands of buprenorphine?
- What are the different types of buprenorphine/naloxone?
- How long does Sublocade last?
- Is Sublocade a controlled substance?