How long does Sublocade last?
Sublocade is an injection that is given once a month. This means a single injection will last at least a month (28 to 30 days).
The package insert also states the following:
- A minimum of 26 days must elapse between Sublocade doses. This means you can’t get the injection more often than every 26 days
- Occasional delays in dosing of up to two weeks are not expected to have a significant impact on how effective your treatment is. This means that if your scheduled injection is given up to 2 weeks late (or up to 44 days after your last injection) it is unlikely that your withdrawal symptoms or cravings will return because the injection was given late
- If you are still experiencing withdrawal symptoms or cravings despite Sublocade use, then you should talk with your doctor because your dosage may need increasing (rather than increasing the frequency of your injections)
- If you are planning on traveling, and you are unable to see your usual doctor for your Sublocade injection, then a single 300mg dose may be given to cover a two-month period. However, you may experience more side effects (such as sedation) with this dosing schedule
- The terminal half-life of Sublocade injection is 43 to 60 days. Generally, it takes four to five half lives for a drug to be totally eliminated from the body. In most people, no trace of Sublocade would be found after 172 to 300 days.
Related medical questions
- Is Sublocade covered by Medicaid?
- How and where is the Sublocade injection given?
- Is Probuphine better than Sublocade?
- Who makes Sublocade in the U.S?
- Is Sublocade a controlled substance?
- How is Sublocade administered?
- How long does opioid withdrawal last?
- How long does buprenorphine stay in your system?
- Sublocade vs Suboxone - What's the difference between them?
- What are the different brands of buprenorphine?
- What is the difference between Sublocade and Brixadi?
- Sublocade Information for Consumers
- Sublocade prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Sublocade (detailed)
Related support groups
- Sublocade (19 questions, 41 members)