Is QuilliChew ER a controlled substance?
Yes. QuilliChew ER (methylphenidate) is a schedule II controlled substance.
What is QuilliChew ER?
QuilliChew ER is available as extended-release chewable tablets in 20 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg strengths making it suitable for the treatment of ADHD in patients 6 years and older.
What is a Schedule II Controlled Substance?
Drugs placed in Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) have a high potential for abuse and dependence.
Drugs in Schedule II have a currently accepted medical use in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions. Abuse of these drugs may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.
Examples of Schedule II substances include morphine, cocaine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, and methylphenidate.
- QuilliChew ER must be stored in a safe place, preferably locked, to prevent misuse.
- QuilliChew ER must not be given to anyone else. Selling or giving away QuilliChew ER may harm others and is against the law.
- Any unused or expired QuilliChew ER tablets should be disposed of through a medicine take-back program if available.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. QuilliChew ER Product Label. Available at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/207960s005lbl.pdf [Accessed February 22, 2021]
Related medical questions
- What is metilfenidato used for?
- Concerta vs Adderall - What's the difference between them?
- Ritalin vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- What are the brands of methylphenidate?
- Jornay PM vs other methylphenidate formulations - how do they compare?
- How is Cotempla XR-ODT different to other brands of methylphenidate?
- Adderall vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- How soon for Vyvanse to start working and how long does it last?
- Modafinil vs Adderall: What's the difference?
- Does Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) show up on a drug test?
- How much Adderall can I take?
- QuilliChew ER Information for Consumers
- QuilliChew ER prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of QuilliChew ER (detailed)