Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
It has been around 4 weeks that I have been taking doxycycline 100 mg once daily. My skin has got a bit worse actually with many new pimples and cysts sprouting up and the dark red marks on cheeks are not fading. Is it normal or should I stop using it from now on?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 6, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Often for people who take doxycycline for acne, the acne can become worse before it starts getting better, this is sometimes described as the "purging phase".
Please see reviews in the link below for an insight into other peoples experience. https://www.drugs.com/comments/doxycycline/for-acne.html
Related Medical Questions
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Is doxycycline hydrochloride 100mg a sulfa based drug?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana while on doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?
- Doxycycline Information for Consumers
- Doxycycline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Doxycycline (detailed)