Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2023.
It has been around 4 weeks that I have been taking doxycycline 100 mg once daily. My skin has got a bit worse actually with many new pimples and cysts sprouting up and the dark red marks on cheeks are not fading. Is it normal or should I stop using it from now on?
Often for people who take doxycycline for acne, the acne can become worse before it starts getting better, this is sometimes described as the "purging phase".
Please see reviews in the link below for an insight into other peoples experience. https://www.drugs.com/comments/doxycycline/for-acne.html
Related medical questions
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- Is doxycycline safe for dogs?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What causes black hairy tongue?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana on doxycycline hyclate?
- Doxycycline Information for Consumers
- Doxycycline prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Doxycycline (detailed)