Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana on doxycycline hyclate?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2022.
Marijuana and nicotine in cigarettes will not interfere with the doxycycline. However if you want to give your body the best chance possible to recover from the infection you are probably best to avoid both until you have recovered.
For more information on these interaction see here:
Related medical questions
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Is doxycycline safe for dogs?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- What causes black hairy tongue?
- Doxycycline Information for Consumers
- Doxycycline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Doxycycline (detailed)
Related support groups
- Doxycycline (120 questions, 245 members)
- Lyme Disease (11 questions, 102 members)
- Lyme Disease - Erythema Chronicum Migrans (3 questions, 6 members)
- Lyme Disease - Neurologic (3 questions, 20 members)