Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana while on doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
Marijuana and nicotine in cigarettes will not interfere with the doxycycline. However if you want to give your body the best chance possible to recover from the infection you are probably best to avoid both until you have recovered.
For more information on these interaction see here:
Related Medical Questions
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Doxycycline Information for Consumers
- Doxycycline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Doxycycline (detailed)