Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?
I just started taking iron supplements and I also need to take doxycycline for a short periods of time. Will either of the two medicines affect each other?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 15, 2019.
If you take iron supplements and doxycycline at the same time then less doxycycline will be absorbed. It is best to separate the doses of iron and doxycycline by 2 to 3 hours.
Related Medical Questions
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Doxycycline Information for Consumers
- Doxycycline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Doxycycline (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Doxycycline (102 questions, 220 members)