How does Besponsa work to treat acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Sep 30, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Besponsa works by binding to B-cell ALL cancer cells that express the CD22 antigen and blocking the growth of cancerous cells.
Besponsa (inotuzumab ozogamicin), from Pfizer, is a CD22 monoclonal antibody and calicheamicin cytotoxic agent conjugate for relapsed or refractory B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in adults.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the cost of Kymriah?
- How is Kymriah administered?
- What type of drug is Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel)?
- How does Asparlas (calaspargase pegol-mknl) compare to Oncaspar (pegaspargase)?
- What are the different brands of methotrexate?
- What is the lifetime or cumulative dose for Adriamycin?
- Besponsa Information for Consumers
- Besponsa Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Besponsa (detailed)