What is the cost of Kymriah?
According to Novartis, the manufacturer of Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel), this CAR-T cell cancer therapy costs $475,000 for one treatment course.
- Kymriah is a chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CAR-T) therapy for use in pediatric and young adult patients (up to age 25) with relapsed or refractory (r/r) B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- It is also approved to treat relapsed or refractory large b-cell lymphoma in adults after two or more therapies.
This drug is usually given by a health care provider in a clinic or hospital and is not found in a traditional pharmacy. The cost for this medicine may be covered by your insurance but you may have a deductible, copay or coinsurance.
Can I get Kymriah for free?
Most people do not pay out-of-pocket for the full price of Kymriah. Your cost will vary based on your insurance coverage or other financial assistance. Novartis may be able to provide this drug for free if you have been denied coverage or do not have insurance.
If you have questions about Kymriah treatment, treatment center locations, or insurance coverage, you can contact Novartis at 1-844-4KYMRIAH (1-844-459-6742) for more information.
- Support Resources for Kymriah. Kymriah.com. Accessed May 20, 2021 at https://www.us.kymriah.com/acute-lymphoblastic-leukemia-children/patient-support/support-resources-for-kymriah/
- Novartis Can Provide CAR-T Therapy for Free, OIG Says. WCG FDANews. March 30, 2021. Accessed May 21, 2021 at https://www.fdanews.com/articles/202098-novartis-can-provide-car-t-therapy-for-free-oig-says
Related Medical Questions
- How is Kymriah administered?
- What type of drug is Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel)?
- How does Besponsa work to treat Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)?
- Kymriah Information for Consumers
- Kymriah Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Kymriah (detailed)