What is the cost of Yescarta?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 29, 2020.
The cost of Yescarta, as reported by the manufacturer, is $373,000 per treatment regimen.A personalized and complicated engineering process such as CAR T cell development is expected to be costly.
Factors that contribute to the cost of CAR-T cell therapy include:
- Specialized facilities and health care providers
- Individualized manufacturing costs for personalized therapy
- Possible need for intensive care post-infusion due to serious adverse events
- Prolonged hospitalization
Yescarta (axicabtagene ciloleucel), from Kite Pharma/Gilead is a chimeric antigen receptor T cell (CAR T) therapy used for adults with large B-cell lymphoma after failing at least two other treatments.
Related Medical Questions
- How is Yescarta administered?
- What type of drug is Yescarta (axicabtagene ciloleucel)?
- Is Imbruvica a chemotherapy drug?
- What type of cancer is pembrolizumab used for?
- Who makes Imbruvica?