Is acetaminophen the same as Tylenol?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2020.
Acetaminophen is a pain reliever for mild to moderate pain, such as headaches, muscles aches, backache, and toothaches, and fevers.
Acetaminophen does not have anti-inflammatory effects like ibuprofen, but may be safer to take if you use a blood thinner.
Typically, generic acetaminophen or store brands would be more affordable than the brand name product Tylenol.
Related Medical Questions
- Can I take Meloxicam and Aleve or Tylenol together?
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- Tylenol vs Advil: What's the difference?
- Can I take cyclobenzaprine and Tylenol together?
- How long does it take for Tylenol to start working?
- Is Tylenol (acetaminophen) an NSAID?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?