Solfoton (phenobarbital) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Solfoton (phenobarbital) which include:
PHENobarbital Alcohol (Ethanol)
Major Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using PHENobarbital together with ethanol, this can add to dizziness, drowsiness and other side effects of PHENobarbital. Be careful if you drive or do activities that require you to be awake and alert. Talk with your doctor before using any medications together, or drinking alcohol with PHENobarbital. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Major Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
barbiturates IV - cardiovascular
The intravenous administration of barbiturates may produce severe cardiovascular reactions such as bradycardia, hypertension, or vasodilation with fall in blood pressure, particularly during rapid infusion. Parenteral therapy with barbiturates should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension, hypotension, or cardiac disease. The intravenous administration of barbiturates should be reserved for emergency treatment of acute seizures or for anesthesia.
- "Product Information. Phenobarbital (phenobarbital)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Nembutal Sodium (pentobarbital)" Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Product Information. Seconal Sodium (secobarbital)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- "Product Information. Amytal Sodium (amobarbital)" Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
Solfoton (phenobarbital) drug interactions
There are 702 drug interactions with Solfoton (phenobarbital)
Solfoton (phenobarbital) disease interactions
There are 15 disease interactions with Solfoton (phenobarbital) which include:
- acute alcohol intoxication
- drug dependence
- liver disease
- respiratory depression
- prolonged hypotension
- renal dysfunction
- suicidal tendency
- adrenal insufficiency
- hematologic toxicity
- paradoxical reactions
More about Solfoton (phenobarbital)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: barbiturate anticonvulsants
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|