Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine) which include:
chlorpheniramine ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc, Teaneck, NJ.
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
NSAIDs - fluid retention
Fluid retention and edema have been reported in association with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Therapy with NSAIDs should be administered cautiously in patients with preexisting fluid retention, hypertension, or a history of heart failure. Blood pressure and cardiovascular status should be monitored closely during the initiation of NSAID treatment and throughout the course of therapy.
- Heerdink ER, Leufkens HG, Herings RM, Ottervanger JP, Stricker BH, Bakker A "NSAIDs associated with increased risk of congestive heart failure in elderly patients taking diuretics." Arch Intern Med 158 (1998): 1108-12
- "Product Information. Orudis (ketoprofen)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- Agnholt J, Andreasen F "The effect of ibuprofen therapy on water and electrolyte balance." Acta Med Scand 212 (1982): 65-9
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
NSAIDs - hypertension
NSAIDs including topicals can lead to the onset of new hypertension or worsening of preexisting hypertension, either of which can contribute to the increased incidence of cardiovascular events. Blood pressure should be monitored closely during NSAID therapy and throughout the course of therapy.
Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine) drug Interactions
There are 1187 drug interactions with Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine)
Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine) disease Interactions
There are 23 disease interactions with Advil Allergy Sinus (chlorpheniramine / ibuprofen / pseudoephedrine) which include:
- Anticholinergic Effects
- Fluid Retention
- Gi Toxicity
- Renal Toxicities
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Renal/Liver Disease
- Heart Failure
- Platelet Aggregation Inhibition
- Gi Narrowing
Drug Interaction Classification
The classifications below are a general guideline only. It is difficult to determine the relevance of a particular drug interaction to any individual given the large number of variables.
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.