Amlodipine / celecoxib and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with amlodipine / celecoxib which include:
amLODIPine multivitamins with minerals
Moderate Drug Interaction
Using amLODIPine together with multivitamin with minerals can decrease the effects of amLODIPine. Talk with your doctor before using amLODIPine and multivitamin with minerals together. You may need a dose adjustment or need your blood pressure checked more often if you take both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Minor Food Interaction
Information for this minor interaction is available on the professional version.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Major Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
NSAIDs - fluid retention
Fluid retention and edema have been reported in association with the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Therapy with NSAIDs should be administered cautiously in patients with preexisting fluid retention, hypertension, or a history of heart failure. Blood pressure and cardiovascular status should be monitored closely during the initiation of NSAID treatment and throughout the course of therapy.
- "Product Information. Orudis (ketoprofen)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- Heerdink ER, Leufkens HG, Herings RM, Ottervanger JP, Stricker BH, Bakker A "NSAIDs associated with increased risk of congestive heart failure in elderly patients taking diuretics." Arch Intern Med 158 (1998): 1108-12
- Agnholt J, Andreasen F "The effect of ibuprofen therapy on water and electrolyte balance." Acta Med Scand 212 (1982): 65-9
- Johnson AG, Nguyen TV, Day RO "Do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs affect blood pressure? A meta-analysis." Ann Intern Med 121 (1994): 289-300
- "Product Information. Lodine (etodolac)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Celebrex (celecoxib)." Searle, Chicago, IL.
- "Product Information. Nalfon (fenoprofen)." Xspire Pharma, Ridgeland, MS.
- "Product Information. Anaprox (naproxen)." Roche Laboratories, Nutley, NJ.
- "Product Information. Feldene (piroxicam)." Pfizer US Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Motrin (ibuprofen)." Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Lewis RV, Toner JM, Jackson PR, Ramsay LE "Effects of indomethacin and sulindac on blood pressure of hypertensive patients." Br Med J 292 (1986): 934-5
- Gurwitz JH, Everitt DE, Monane M, et al "The impact of ibuprofen on the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment with hydrochlorothiazide in elderly persons." J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 51 (1996): m74-9
- "Product Information. Mobic (meloxicam)" Boehringer-Ingelheim, Ridgefield, CT.
- "Product Information. Daypro (oxaprozin)." Searle, Skokie, IL.
- "Product Information. Ansaid (flurbiprofen)." Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Van Den Ouweland FA, Gribnau FW, Meyboom RH "Congestive heart failure due to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the elderly." Age Ageing 17 (1988): 8-16
- Heynen G "Toleration and safety of piroxicam." Eur J Rheumatol Inflamm 8 (1987): 86-93
- "Product Information. Naprosyn (naproxen)." Syntex Laboratories Inc, Palo Alto, CA.
- "Product Information. Vioxx (rofecoxib)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- Easton PA, Koval A "Hypertensive reaction with sulindac." Can Med Assoc J 122 (1980): 1273-4
- Brooks CD, Linet OI, Schellenberg D, Turner LF, Defesche CL, Teoh KW, Johnson JH, Assenzo JR "Clinical safety of flurbiprofen." J Clin Pharmacol 30 (1990): 342-51
- Petersson I, Nilsson G, Hansson B-G, Hedner T "Water intoxication associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy." Acta Med Scand 221 (1987): 221-3
- Buckley MM, Brogden RN "Ketorolac. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and therapeutic potential." Drugs 39 (1990): 86-109
- "Product Information. Tolectin (tolmetin)." McNeil Pharmaceutical, Raritan, NJ.
- "Product Information. Relafen (nabumetone)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Bextra (valdecoxib)." Pharmacia Corporation, Peapack, NJ.
- Willkens RF "Worldwide clinical safety experience with diclofenac." Semin Arthritis Rheum 2 Suppl 1 (1985): 105-10
- "Product Information. Clinoril (sulindac)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Indocin (indomethacin)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
Amlodipine / celecoxib drug interactions
There are 654 drug interactions with amlodipine / celecoxib
Amlodipine / celecoxib disease interactions
There are 12 disease interactions with amlodipine / celecoxib which include:
- cardiogenic shock/hypotension
- coronary artery disease
- liver disease
- fluid retention
- GI toxicity
- renal toxicities
More about amlodipine / celecoxib
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: cox-2 inhibitors
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.