Generic name: MESALAMINE 800mg
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 13, 2019.
2.1 Important Administration Instructions
- Do not substitute one ZALDYON 800 mg tablet for two mesalamine delayed-release 400 mg oral products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- Evaluate renal function prior to initiation of ZALDYON.
- Take ZALDYON tablets on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)] .
- Swallow ZALDYON tablets whole. Do not cut, break or chew the tablets.
- Intact, partially intact, and/or tablet shells have been reported in the stool; Instruct patients to contact their physician if this occurs repeatedly.
- Protect ZALDYON tablets from moisture.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.