Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 12, 2022.
Dosage Overview and Important Administration Instructions
There are two recommended VIVJOA dosage regimens: a VIVJOA-only regimen and a Fluconazole/ VIVJOA regimen. Use one of the following two dosage regimens:
- VIVJOA-only dosage regimen [see Dosage and Administration (2.2)]
- Fluconazole/VIVJOA dosage regimen [see Dosage and Administration (2.3)] .
Administer VIVJOA orally with food [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)]. Swallow the capsules whole. Do not chew, crush, dissolve, or open the capsules.
VIVJOA-only Dosage Regimen
For the VIVJOA-only dosage regimen:
- On Day 1: Administer VIVJOA 600 mg (as a single dose), then
- On Day 2: Administer VIVJOA 450 mg (as a single dose), then
- Beginning on Day 14: Administer VIVJOA 150 mg once a week (every 7 days) for 11 weeks (Weeks 2 through 12).
Fluconazole/VIVJOA Dosage Regimen
For the Fluconazole/VIVJOA dosage regimen, prescribe fluconazole and:
- On Day 1, Day 4, and Day 7: Administer fluconazole 150 mg orally, then
- On Days 14 through 20: Administer VIVJOA 150 mg once daily for 7 days, then
- Beginning on Day 28: Administer VIVJOA 150 mg once a week (every 7 days) for 11 weeks (Weeks 4 through 14).
More about Vivjoa (oteseconazole)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug images
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: azole antifungals
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.