Generic name: ABALOPARATIDE 2000ug in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Medically reviewed on September 19, 2017.
- The recommended dosage of TYMLOS is 80 mcg subcutaneously once daily.
- Cumulative use of TYMLOS and parathyroid hormone analogs (e.g., teriparatide) for more than 2 years during a patient’s lifetime is not recommended [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Patients should receive supplemental calcium and vitamin D if dietary intake is inadequate.
- Administer TYMLOS as a subcutaneous injection into the periumbilical region of the abdomen. Rotate the site of the injection every day and administer at approximately the same time every day. Do not administer intravenously or intramuscularly.
- Administer the first several doses where the patient can sit or lie down if necessary, in case symptoms of orthostatic hypotension occur [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2) and Adverse Reactions (6.1)].
- TYMLOS is a clear and colorless solution. Visually inspect TYMLOS for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. Do not use if solid particles appear or if the solution is cloudy or colored.
- Provide appropriate training and instruction to patients and caregivers on the proper use of the TYMLOS pen.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Tymlos (abaloparatide)
- Tymlos Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: parathyroid hormone and analogs