How do you use Tymlos?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Jun 25, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Use Tymlos by injecting one time each day into your lower stomach area (abdomen) under your skin (subcutaneously). Do not inject within the 2-inch area around your belly button (navel).
It is important not to inject yourself with Tymlos until you or your caregiver has received proper training from a health care provider. Rotate the site of the injection every day and administer at approximately the same time every day.
You should also take a calcium and vitamin D supplement if your dietary intake is inadequate. It is not recommended that people use Tymlos for more than two years during their lifetime.
Tymlos (abaloparatide) is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for bone fracture.
Related Medical Questions
- What causes osteoporosis?
- What are the side effects of Vitamin D?
- Osteoporosis FAQs: Your Top Questions Answered
- What are the risk factors for osteoporosis?
- What are the ICD-10 codes for osteoporosis?
- What medications are available to treat osteoporosis?
- How can I prevent osteoporosis?
- Tymlos Information for Consumers
- Tymlos Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Tymlos (detailed)