Generic name: triptorelin 22.5mg in 2mL;
Dosage form: extended-release injection
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
TRIPTODUR must be administered under the supervision of a physician.
The dosage of TRIPTODUR is 22.5 mg reconstituted with accompanying diluent (Sterile Water) 2 mL, and administered as a single intramuscular injection once every 24 weeks.
TRIPTODUR treatment should be discontinued at the appropriate age of onset of puberty at the discretion of the physician.
Monitor response to TRIPTODUR with LH levels after a GnRH or GnRH agonist stimulation test, basal LH, or serum concentration of sex steroid levels beginning 1 to 2 months following initiation of therapy, during therapy as necessary to confirm maintenance of efficacy, and with each subsequent dose.
Measure height (for calculation of growth rate) every 3-6 months and monitor bone age periodically.
Noncompliance with drug regimen or inadequate dosing may result in inadequate control of the pubertal process with gonadotropins and/or sex steroids increasing above prepubertal levels. If the dose of TRIPTODUR is not adequate switching to an alternative GnRH agonist for the treatment of CPP with the ability for dose adjustment may be necessary.
Reconstitution and Administration Instructions
Please read these instructions completely before you begin.
- Use appropriate aseptic technique for preparation and administration.
- Screw the plunger rod into the barrel end of the prefilled sterile water diluent syringe.
- Remove the cap from the syringe barrel.
- Firmly attach one of the 21-gauge sterile safety needles onto the prefilled sterile water diluent syringe with a push and clockwise twist. This 21-gauge needle will only be used for reconstitution of the product.
- Pull back on the safety cover towards the syringe and away from the 21-gauge needle. Then pull the clear needle shield off.
- Insert the 21-gauge needle to inject the Sterile Water diluent into the vial. Do not release the plunger rod. Gently swirl the vial ensuring the diluent rinses the sides of the vial. The reconstituted solution is a milky suspension.
Important: Once mixed, proceed to the next steps and administer without delay.
- Invert the vial and move back the syringe in order to position the end of the 21-gauge needle very near the level of the stopper, making sure the needle lumen is still completely in the vial.
- Pull back the plunger rod slowly to withdraw the reconstituted product into the syringe, withdrawing as much of the reconstituted product into the syringe as possible.
- Push the safety cover forward toward the needle until you hear and/or feel it lock. Then remove the first 21-gauge needle by grasping the needle hub to disconnect the needle from the syringe and discard it. This (first) 21-gauge needle will no longer be used.
- Firmly attach the second sterile needle onto the syringe and pull back the safety cover towards the syringe. This 21-gauge needle will be used for administration.
- Prime the 21-gauge needle to first remove air from the syringe, inspect the suspension visually for particulate matter and discoloration. If the suspension appears milky and homogenous without visible aggregates or precipitates then administer the suspension immediately.
- Inject the patient preferably in either buttock or thigh using the entire contents of the syringe.
- The injection of the suspension should be performed relatively rapidly and in a steady and uninterrupted manner in order to avoid any potential blockage of the needle.
After administering the injection, immediately activate the safety cover:
- Center your thumb or forefinger on the textured finger pad area of the safety cover and push it forward over the needle until you hear or feel it lock.
- Use the one-handed technique and activate the mechanism away from yourself and others.
- Immediately discard the syringe assembly into a suitable sharps container.
More about Triptodur (triptorelin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: gonadotropin releasing hormones