User Reviews for Trelstar

Prostate Cancer

SwampLife March 26, 2017

For Prostate Cancer: “After two years of absolute torture with Eligard and severally diminishing quality of life , I was ready to die but a new doc used Trelstar and now I believe I will go the distance.”

drjohn40 July 28, 2014

For Prostate Cancer: “Was on Firmagon monthly, always made me sick for a week. Started Trelstar two months ago. PSA down, no sickness. Just hot flashes like the rest of this class of medicine.”

Blessedhighfavor · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2012

For Prostate Cancer: “Dr. ordered Trelstar for one year beginning at end of radiation. PSA has been undetectable since! Was it the treatment, medicine or both? Many side effects! Hot flashes can be VERY bad where I feel like throwing up, passing out etc. Some are very minor, average about 15 a day. Monthly dose has been much better than larger dose of a similar medicine taken two years ago! Other side effects are too numerous to mention, but are generally mild.”

ernst1930 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2012

For Prostate Cancer: “My Local Primary Care Trust summarily decreed that LHRH Treatments were to be changed from Zoladex LA to Triptorelin - this is, without even seeming to give a thought to the possible effects of the change-over. (No relevant trials had ever been recorded for such a change) However after my 'mandatory' injection of Triptorelin - I immediately began to suffer from as many as 20 Hot Flushes every day. I began to record these Flushes and after only 2 weeks into the 3-month cycle, I complained to both my GP AND to the PCT direct. From my careful records, I produced an Excel graph in final support of my appeal. It was literally only 1 week before my new Injection/Implant was due, that I was allowed to return to Zoladex.”