Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 8, 2023.
Applies to the following strengths: 100 mg/mL
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Plaque Psoriasis
100 mg subcutaneously at Weeks 0 and 4, and every 12 weeks thereafter
- Evaluate patients for tuberculosis (TB) infection prior to initiating therapy.
Use: For adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy
Renal Dose Adjustments
Data not available
Liver Dose Adjustments
Data not available
- Hypersensitivity to the active component or any of the ingredients
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
- This drug should only be administered by a healthcare provider.
- Before injection, remove carton from the refrigerator, and let the prefilled syringe (in the carton with the lid closed) sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Follow the instructions on the carton to remove the prefilled syringe correctly, and remove only when ready to inject. Do not pull off the needle cover until you are ready to inject.
- Inspect the syringe visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. The product is a clear to slightly opalescent, colorless to slightly yellow solution. Do not use if the liquid contains visible particles or the syringe is damaged. Air bubbles may be present; there is no need to remove them.
- Choose an injection site with clear skin and easy access (such as abdomen, thighs, or upper arm). Do not administer 2 inches around the navel or where the skin is tender, bruised, erythematous, indurated, or affected by psoriasis. Do not inject into scars, stretch marks, or blood vessels.
- While holding the body of the syringe, pull the needle cover straight off (do not twist) and discard.
- Inject the full amount (1 mL), which provides 100 mg of drug per syringe.
- Press down the blue plunger until it can go no further. This activates the safety mechanism that will ensure full retraction of the needle after the injection is given.
- Remove the needle from the skin entirely before letting go of the blue plunger. After the blue plunger is released, the safely lock will draw the needle inside the needle guard.
- If a dose is missed, administer the dose as soon as possible; thereafter, resume dosing at the regularly scheduled interval.
- Store refrigerated at 2C to 8C (36F to 46F) in the original carton to protect from light until the time of use. Do not freeze. Do not shake.
- This drug can be kept at room temperature at 25C (77F) for up to 30 days in the original carton to protect from light. Once stored at room temperature, do not place back in the refrigerator. If not used within 30 days, discard product. Do not store above 25C (77F).
- Read the patient medication guide each time you renew this prescription.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any symptoms of serious hypersensitivity reactions.
- Apprise your healthcare provider of any history of infections and seek medical help if you develop any symptoms of infection.
Frequently asked questions
- Skyrizi vs Ilumya. What’s the difference?
- Does Ilumya treat psoriatic arthritis?
- How does Ilumya compare to other treatments?
- How long does it take Ilumya to work?
- How does Ilumya affect my immune system?
- What are the new drugs for plaque psoriasis?
More about tildrakizumab
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (7)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: interleukin inhibitors
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.