Ajovy Injection Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 27, 2021.
Generic name: FREMANEZUMAB 225mg in 1.5mL
Dosage form: injection / autoinjector
Two subcutaneous dosing options of AJOVY are available to administer the recommended dosage:
- 225 mg monthly, or
- 675 mg every 3 months (quarterly), which is administered as three consecutive subcutaneous injections of 225 mg each.
When switching dosage options, administer the first dose of the new regimen on the next scheduled date of administration. If a dose of AJOVY is missed, administer as soon as possible. Thereafter, AJOVY can be scheduled from the date of the last dose.
Important Administration Instructions
AJOVY is for subcutaneous use only.
AJOVY may be administered by healthcare professionals, patients, and/or caregivers. Prior to use, provide proper training to patients and/or caregivers on the preparation and administration of AJOVY prefilled syringe, including aseptic technique [see Instructions for Use]:
- Remove AJOVY from the refrigerator. Prior to use, allow AJOVY to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes protected from direct sunlight. Do not warm by using a heat source such as hot water or a microwave. Do not use AJOVY if it has been at room temperature for 7 days or longer [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16.2)].
- Follow aseptic injection technique every time AJOVY is administered.
- Inspect AJOVY for particles or discoloration prior to administration [see Dosage Forms and Strengths (3)]. Do not use if the solution is cloudy, discolored, or contains particles.
- Administer AJOVY by subcutaneous injection into areas of the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm that are not tender, bruised, red, or indurated. For multiple injections, you may use the same body site, but not the exact location of the previous injection.
- Do not co-administer AJOVY with other injectable drugs at the same injection site.
Frequently asked questions
- Does it cause weight gain?
- How long does it take to start working?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of migraines?
- How does it work for migraines?
- Ajovy vs Aimovig: What's the difference between them?
- What is the cost of the migraine drug Ajovy?
- How to use the Ajovy autoinjector?
- What type of drug is Ajovy?
- How do you use the migraine drug Ajovy?
More about Ajovy (fremanezumab)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (218)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: CGRP inhibitors
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.