What is the cost of the migraine drug Ajovy?
Medically reviewed by Judith Stewart, BPharm. Last updated on Oct 8, 2020.
The list price for Ajovy (fremanezumab-vfrm) is:
- $640 for the once-monthly dose
- $1,920 for the quarterly dose
- $7,680 over one year.
Ajovy is administered as a subcutaneous injection (under the skin).
There are two dosing options available for Ajovy:
- 225 mg once every month, or
- 675 mg once every 3 months (three separate injections).
Ajovy injection (225 mg/1.5 mL) is available in two forms:
- single-dose prefilled autoinjector, and
- single-dose prefilled syringe.
Other approved calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) antagonist migraine treatments include:
CGRP Antagonists - Prices
- Ajovy Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Aimovig Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Emgality Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Vyepti Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
Most patients who are insured do not pay list price but pay a copay or co-insurance fee dependent upon how the drug is covered by their insurance. However, manufacturers do have programs in place to assist patients with financial costs, depending upon insurance coverage.
Related Medical Questions
- Does Emgality cause weight gain?
- How long does it take for Emgality to work?
- Do Emgality injections hurt?
- How does Emgality work?
- Emgality vs Aimovig - how do they compare?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment and prevention of migraine?
- Ubrelvy vs Emgality: How do they compare for migraines?
- What type of drug is Ajovy?
- What type of drug is Emgality?
Related Support Groups
- Emgality (17 questions, 33 members)
- Aimovig (18 questions, 60 members)
- Erenumab (15 questions, 3 members)
- Ajovy (9 questions, 12 members)
- Galcanezumab (6 questions, 3 members)
- Fremanezumab (6 questions, 3 members)
- Migraine (186 questions, 1531 members)
- Migraine Prevention (81 questions, 304 members)
- Migraine Prophylaxis (39 questions, 72 members)