What is the cost of the migraine drug Ajovy?
The list price for Ajovy (fremanezumab-vfrm) is:
- $640 for the once-monthly dose
- $1,920 for the quarterly dose
- $7,680 over one year.
Ajovy is administered as a subcutaneous injection (under the skin).
There are two dosing options available for Ajovy:
- 225 mg once every month, or
- 675 mg once every 3 months (three separate injections).
Ajovy injection (225 mg/1.5 mL) is available in two forms:
- single-dose prefilled autoinjector, and
- single-dose prefilled syringe.
Other approved calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) antagonist migraine treatments include:
CGRP Antagonists - Prices
- Ajovy Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Aimovig Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Emgality Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Vyepti Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
Most patients who are insured do not pay list price but pay a copay or co-insurance fee dependent upon how the drug is covered by their insurance. However, manufacturers do have programs in place to assist patients with financial costs, depending upon insurance coverage.
Related Medical Questions
- Does Ajovy cause weight gain?
- How long does it take for Ajovy to start working?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of migraines?
- How does Ajovy work for migraines?
- Ajovy vs Aimovig: What's the difference between them?
- How to use the Ajovy autoinjector?
- What type of drug is Ajovy?
- How do you use the migraine drug Ajovy?
Related Support Groups
- Ajovy (12 questions, 14 members)
- Aimovig (19 questions, 69 members)
- Emgality (17 questions, 42 members)
- Erenumab (16 questions, 3 members)
- Fremanezumab (6 questions, 3 members)
- Galcanezumab (6 questions, 3 members)
- Migraine (240 questions, 1579 members)
- Migraine Prevention (100 questions, 321 members)
- Migraine Prophylaxis (54 questions, 79 members)