What is the cost of the migraine drug Ajovy?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Oct 21, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
The list price* for Ajovy (fremanezumab-vfrm) is:
- $610 for the once-monthly dose
- $1,830 for the quarterly dose
- $7,320 over one year.
Ajovy, a preventive treatment of migraine in adults, is given as a 225 mg subcutaneous (under the skin) injection once every month or as a 675 mg subcutaneous injection once every 3 months (using three separate injections).
Ajovy's list price is equivalent to the list prices for other approved calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) migraine treatments, including Aimovig (erenumab-aooe) and Emgality (galcanezumab-gnlm).
- Ajovy Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Aimovig Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
- Emgality Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
Most patients who are insured do not pay list price but pay a copay or co-insurance fee dependent upon how the drug is covered by their insurance. However, all three manufacturers do have programs in place to assist patients with financial costs, depending upon insurance coverage.
Related Medical Questions
- How does Aimovig work to prevent migraine?
- How do you inject / use the drug Aimovig?
- What type of drug is Ajovy?
- How long does Aimovig last in your system?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment and prevention of migraine?
- How long does it take for Aimovig to start working?
- Does Aimovig cause weight gain or loss?