Axid (nizatidine) Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with Axid (nizatidine):
H2 antagonists (applies to Axid) GI bleeding
Major Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
Histamine H2 receptor antagonists should not be used in the presence of vomit with blood, or bloody or black stools. These might be serious conditions and the diagnosis needs to be ruled out.
Nizatidine (applies to Axid) renal dysfunction
Moderate Potential Hazard, High plausibility.
Nizatidine and its metabolites are primarily eliminated by the kidney. Although the drug is generally well-tolerated, the daily dosage should be reduced in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment (CrCl < 50 mL/min).
- "Product Information. Axid (nizatidine)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
- Gladziwa U, Klotz U "Pharmacokinetic optimisation of the treatment of peptic ulcer in patients with renal failure." Clin Pharmacokinet 27 (1994): 393-408
- Aronoff GR, Bergstrom RF, Bopp RJ, Sloan RS, Callaghan JT "Nizatidine disposition in subjects with normal and impaired renal function." Clin Pharmacol Ther 43 (1988): 688-95
Axid (nizatidine) drug interactions
There are 85 drug interactions with Axid (nizatidine)
Axid (nizatidine) alcohol/food interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with Axid (nizatidine)
More about Axid (nizatidine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: H2 antagonists
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|