Hylorel (guanadrel) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Hylorel (guanadrel):
Antiadrenergic (peripheral) (applies to Hylorel) peripheral edema
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applicable conditions: Fluid Retention
Peripheral- acting antiadrenergic agents can cause peripheral edema. Therapy with peripheral- acting antiadrenergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients adversely affected by sodium and water retention.
- "Product Information. Hylorel (guanadrel)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- "Prazosin (Minipress) for hypertension." Med Lett Drugs Ther 19 (1977): 1-2
- "Product Information. Hydropres (reserpine-hydrochlorothiazide)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Hytrin (terazosin)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Product Information. Ismelin (guanethidine)." Ciba Pharmaceuticals, Summit, NJ.
- Weil JV, Chidsey CA "Plasma volume expansion resulting from interference with adrenergic function in normal man." Circulation 37 (1968): 54-61
- "Product Information. Cardura (doxazosin)." Pfizer US Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
Hylorel (guanadrel) drug interactions
There are 249 drug interactions with Hylorel (guanadrel)
Hylorel (guanadrel) alcohol/food interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food interaction with Hylorel (guanadrel)
More about Hylorel (guanadrel)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: antiadrenergic agents, peripherally acting
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|