User Reviews for Zileuton to treat Asthma, Maintenance

Also known as: Zyflo CR

Reviews for Zileuton

Wheezy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2018

Zyflo CR (zileuton): "Several years ago my allergist prescribed this for my asthma maintenance. It worked wonders for not only my asthma but also my arthritis. I had problems getting it, because most local pharmacies would have to order it because it was too expensive to keep in stock. I found a voucher program for awhile but finally had to give it up. It became difficult for pharmacies to obtain and much too pricey for me to purchase even with insurance. I finally was prescribed Breo inhaler for my asthma. Why would a drug that is 22 years old still be this expensive?? Haven't those patents run out yet? Think of the people this drug could benefit if it were to be more widely used to all of it's potential for so many ! Why price it out of reach for the ones who could most benefit from it??? I only wish I could have continued using Zyflo."

Zopdeep · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2016

"I was given this for Allergic rhinitis . I got extreme fatigue developed after 3-4 days on medication and worsened daily - I was passing out while on 40mg of prednisone."